*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    burying trees seems like a lot of work. although they do half the work themselves
    If you stand next to a tree, have you climbed halfway to the top of it?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      My niece's first soccer game of the season was canceled due to poor air quality today.5
      Rainy season can't come soon enough.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Rainy season can't come soon enough.
        I got the "you can't post again within 30 seconds" warning on the quoted post, and I was somewhat offended. That was actually a real post.

Comment

I got the "you can't post again within 30 seconds" warning on this post, and I was somewhat offended. This was actually a real post.
          But oddly enough, didn't get it on this one, which was a pointless post.

Comment

I got the "you can't post again within 30 seconds" warning on the quoted post, and I was somewhat offended. That was actually a real post.
            Nefarious poster cautioned
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

If you stand next to a tree, have you climbed halfway to the top of it?
              Maybe tree huggers have climbed up from the roots and are hanging on for dear life?

Comment

the troublesome part for me is probably less about the real risk (although that is real), but more about going against everything I've believed over the last year or so - stay safe and minimize risk and potential to spread the virus. Besides the fact that I might feel uncomfortable/nervous in very public places and not enjoy it so much, I feel like it is somewhat selfish to go and risk spreading the disease. How can I tell my kids to be careful if I go out and mingle with all sorts of people. I suppose part of it is adjusting to the reality that we may have to deal with this for years and the best we can do is be safe most of the time and only take risks for special occasions and infrequently. If it was just me and I didn't plan this with some friends I'd probably just bail. As it is I'm just going back and forth....not sure what to do.
                My wife works in a high school and she was talking to the school nurse who said "we will probably all get covid this year". She isn't an expert, but I am starting to feel like perhaps it is inevitable. Trying to think of a scenario where we don't all end up catching it and it feels like hiding in a cabin in the woods forever might be the only possible way out.
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My wife works in a high school and she was talking to the school nurse who said "we will probably all get covid this year". She isn't an expert, but I am starting to feel like perhaps it is inevitable. Trying to think of a scenario where we don't all end up catching it and it feels like hiding in a cabin in the woods forever might be the only possible way out.
                  Or an RV in the woods. Then you can go to a different woods every week and steal campfire wood on your way out without fear of retribution.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Or an RV in the woods. Then you can go to a different woods every week and steal campfire wood on your way out without fear of retribution.
                    Where have i heard that before ?
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• If I remember right, cavebird is in Metairie, which is right in the path of the eyewall for this thing. I hope he is okay.

Comment

If I remember right, cavebird is in Metairie, which is right in the path of the eyewall for this thing. I hope he is okay.
                        Seems like a long time since he has posted. Hopefully he is ok
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It looks now like the eyewall will pass just west of the New Orleans metro, including Metairie. Still a mess, though.

Comment

• Ken, you'll be glad to know that I pulled a 15" trout about 15 minutes before posting that Higbee pick in RJP4P. Only one I caught today but it was a nice one.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              If he just steals half of people's wood, maybe they won't notice.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                Ken, you'll be glad to know that I pulled a 15" trout about 15 minutes before posting that Higbee pick in RJP4P. Only one I caught today but it was a nice one.
                                15 inches... yeah, right... wait, this isn't a metaphor?
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X