*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    my brother did that hike a number of years ago. He and my cousin made it to the top.

Obviously not RJ material, the two of them.
    Overachievers

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Overachievers
      merely achievers?
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

merely achievers?
        Exactly

Comment

• I don't think my brother has ever caught a fish.

Comment

• Just walked across the Lefty O'Doul bridge. Get some quizy oven credit
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Just walked across the Lefty O'Doul bridge. Get some quizy oven credit
              Phillies have a catching prospect named O'Hoppe that should probably be up. Could use a new Over Catcher. Maybe if we are doing this in 10 years or so.

Comment

• there's a thread on Reddit right now about What is a record, sports or otherwise, that is likely never to be broken?

second top comment is about Cy Young's 749 complete games

part of the comment states: "to put Young's record in further perspective relative to modern-day pitchers, I looked up the career complete game stats for all current MLB pitchers, and there are 124 pitchers total who have 1 complete game in their career, for a total of 505 collectively. 244 less than Cy Young alone pitched in his career."

Comment

there's a thread on Reddit right now about What is a record, sports or otherwise, that is likely never to be broken?

part of the comment states: "to put Young's record in further perspective relative to modern-day pitchers, I looked up the career complete game stats for all current MLB pitchers, and there are 124 pitchers total who have 1 complete game in their career, for a total of 505 collectively. 244 less than Cy Young alone pitched in his career."
                  2 grand slams in an inning will also be tough to beat
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I agree. 1 out of every ~45 HR is a grand slam currently. So picking 2 random HR, 1 out of every 2025 times you'd expect both of them to be grand slam.

So for every 2025 times that a player hits 2 HR in the same inning, you'd expect to have 1 instance of the double grand slam.

There have only been 60 instances of a player hitting 2 HR in the same inning. We have a long way to go to get to another double grand slam.

Comment

there's a thread on Reddit right now about What is a record, sports or otherwise, that is likely never to be broken?

Not many pitchers will even get to 749 games.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Off the same pitcher!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          I agree. 1 out of every ~45 HR is a grand slam currently. So picking 2 random HR, 1 out of every 2025 times you'd expect both of them to be grand slam.

So for every 2025 times that a player hits 2 HR in the same inning, you'd expect to have 1 instance of the double grand slam.

There have only been 60 instances of a player hitting 2 HR in the same inning. We have a long way to go to get to another double grand slam.
                          Since 1900 only two or three players have 3 hits in an inning. Johnny Damon is one of them
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Since 1900 only two or three players have 3 hits in an inning. Johnny Damon is one of them
                            Another record that might never be broken...hard to imagine getting 4 hits in an inning.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Schwarber playing better since the trade.

Comment

• I've been bringing my long-won experience here at RJ into my work life. Our team has commented a bit of feeling detached from one and other due to work from home, so I've started using our General and Fun Teams channels to post random shit. I'm just generating content for people to comment on. One of these weeks I'll do a Friday Fun Poll on what brand of Toothpaste everyone uses and then things will have come full-circle.

Comment

Working...
                                X