No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, if you asked any Phillies fan of at least somewhat of an age, Gene Mauch would be the Manager chosen to epitomize the Phillies.

In late September 1964, his Phillies had a record of 90–60, a 6+1⁄2-game lead in the National League with 12 games left to play, and were starting a 7-game home stand. Mauch decided to start his two pitching aces, Jim Bunning and Chris Short, in 7 of the last 10 games, 4 of those starts on 2 days' rest (all of which they lost). The Phillies faded, losing 10 games in a row before winning their last 2 games to finish tied for second place with the Cincinnati Reds, one game behind the Johnny Keane's St. Louis Cardinals in a collapse infamously known as the "Phold."
    I wasn't even born then, but I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times my grandfather bitched about Gene Mauch.

Dallas Green is much loved for winning the 1980 World Series and staying with the organization for years in the front office.

Charlie Manual has the most wins, and greatest post season success, including the 2008 WS and the greatest sustained success in the organization's history.

Manual for the Win!
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Joe Cronin has the most wins as a Redsox Manager, but Tito won 2 World Series, including the one the broke the curse.

Bill Simmons says Alex Cora is the best manager they have ever had.

I think you still have to go Francona though.

Comment

• Hmm if my math is right, and it's probably not, I got the most points and highest average points in our RJ football league's history.

I finished third.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Hmm if my math is right, and it's probably not, I got the most points and highest average points in our RJ football league's history.

I finished third.
          Head to head fantasy is terrible. It's worse than arguing with MITH

Comment

• Cripes, these 2k22 threads are making me feel really old today. I was here when they started the Y2K threads. What have I done with my life?

Comment

• Happy Birthday

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                Cripes, these 2k22 threads are making me feel really old today. I was here when they started the Y2K threads. What have I done with my life?
                Wasted it on Rotojunkie?
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Happy Birthday
                  Thanks mate, but mine isn't until March.

Todays is Kev's birthday though. Happy Birthday Mike!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    Wasted it on Rotojunkie?
                    You are possibly the only person whose time wasn't wasted on RJ!

Comment

You are possibly the only person whose time wasn't wasted on RJ!
                      As a counterpoint, I do have 3,747 posts in this thread.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Comment

Thanks mate, but mine isn't until March.

Todays is Kev's birthday though. Happy Birthday Mike!
                          Thank you!

Comment

Comment

Historical Research

Comment

Thank you!
                                any good plans for the weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X