*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guacamole bowl

A former Los Angeles area Taco Bell employee is suing the company and a franchise owner after she claims a Christmas party at the fast-food restaurant descended into a drunken mess that included open sex. Alana Bechiom filed her lawsuit last week in Los Angeles Superior Court. In the suit, she alleges that her supervisor […]
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Ha ha. Hope you all have a great thanksgiving, maybe we can all rally for another draft. Lots of good times and memories
      I was gonna say, can we get one up and running? It's only been 5 years since the last one!

Comment

• Halfy Thanksgiving, everyone!
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          pretty much know it's going to be a shit who when your holiday party is booked at Taco Bell. This isn't Demolition Man for cripes sake.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• The best work holiday party I've ever had was also the first one I ever attended, back in December 1995. Silicon Valley was flying high at that point and company was at its apex. They booked a huge hall in San Francisco and went all out with an Arabian Nights theme. Within a year or so afterwards, they were having layoffs, and I've never had a holiday party that topped that one.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              The best work holiday party I've ever had was also the first one I ever attended, back in December 1995. Silicon Valley was flying high at that point and company was at its apex. They booked a huge hall in San Francisco and went all out with an Arabian Nights theme. Within a year or so afterwards, they were having layoffs, and I've never had a holiday party that topped that one.
              We used to have great holiday parties put on by our large aerospace suppliers. They were at the Seattle museum of flight. You could walk around and see all the cool planes and rockets, etc. They had ice sculptures and cocktails that would flow thru the ice. All sorts of cool stuff and amazing food. Then the great recession of 2008 hit and that was the end of it. Now it is a group lunch at a local restaurant.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I just noticed that we apparently lost 1/3 of the thread....1168 pages of 10 posts, but this post is 17513. Maybe some old accounts disappeared ?
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I just noticed that we apparently lost 1/3 of the thread....1168 pages of 10 posts, but this post is 17513. Maybe some old accounts disappeared ?
                    I hope most of the lost posts are mine, but we're all probably not that lucky
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• ok, I guess I am gaining some momentum....only 5000 lost posts to try to make up for
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

I keep thinking I need to learn Python.
                        You still thinking that ?
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Posting random shit seems like a good idea, maybe I'll try thatl
                          I don't recommend it
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

There aren't any bargains in VD ...
                            sure...
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I just noticed that we apparently lost 1/3 of the thread....1168 pages of 10 posts, but this post is 17513. Maybe some old accounts disappeared ?
                              Or maybe now there are 15 posts per page, lol
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Tragedy narrowly averted....

Comment

Working...
                                X