*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    they would constantly tease me about what color I wanted them, and then when I said what color, they would laugh and then not paint them. I think there's a bit of a language, and possibly a culture barrier.

Phils playing .750 ball since I got my toes painted.... just sayin'.
    Imagine how good they would be if you got the fingernails painted.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Oh, and foot and hand massages are really nice. Sitting in a chair with nothing else to do for an hour is really nice as well.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I knew I shouldn't have posted that Backstreet Boys Christmas video.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Imagine how good they would be if you got the fingernails painted.
          Just the thought of that caused the phillies manager to pull a guy who was throwing a no-hitter from the game. No one wants to see me with painted fingernails.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            I knew I shouldn't have posted that Backstreet Boys Christmas video.
            It wasn't the right stuff

Comment

ha ha....the first thing I can say is I was not ready for a 1.5 hour practice followed by a scrimmage with another team. I left the field after 4 hours feeling pretty beat up and still lots of soreness 2 days later. Mostly everyone on my team is in the 20-35 range, one other guy over 40, and then me at 56. They are all really nice and it is fun to just be out playing baseball. Great to meet new people and just hang out and talk baseball. They haven't called me Grandpa yet, but hopefully that comes later, lol

Hit ok in BP, my first swing I put one over the leftfielder...in the scrimmage i was 0-2 with a k looking and one swinging...sigh, going to need to up my game against pitchers who are less than half my age.
              e
              The bases are reallllllyyyyy far apart, i need to do some cardio for sure. So I am planning to run sprints, stairs, lift weights, go to the batting cage and generally try to get in shape to compee. It will be a challenge for sure. As far as positions, I volunteered for OF, and did ok, but I really need to get some glasses so I can see better. The coach(who is like 20 years old) texted me about playing first base, I told him first or second base I'd give it a go, my bad shoulder makes left side of the infield a bad idea. Our pitchers can't find the plate, so I told them I'd also pitch BP. Going to look for a new glove, cleats, pants and bat today or tomorrow. Glad to be doing it, seems kind of crazy, but better than sitting on the couch and shit-poasting here.
              So a season recap for all my fans, lol. The team went 3-16, but everyone makes the playoffs. We won our first game somewhat comfortably with our ace on the mound. Next game was 4 hours later. He pitched again, and went the distance....struck out 9 in the first game and 16 in the second. So we won that one as well. He must have had 250 pitches or more. The final game was the next day and he said he could go, but we spared his arm and went with another guy. We scored first, but they had some great hitters and took a commanding lead. I was sitting out, but that put me in when the game got out of hand. I came up with two outs in the last inning. Abandoned my patient approach and swung on the first pitch and hit a soft liner over second, just out of reach of the SS. I finished the year hitting about .200, 7 walks, 7 K's and 7 hits. All in all a very fun experience.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So a season recap for all my fans, lol. The team went 3-16, but everyone makes the playoffs. We won our first game somewhat comfortably with our ace on the mound. Next game was 4 hours later. He pitched again, and went the distance....struck out 9 in the first game and 16 in the second. So we won that one as well. He must have had 250 pitches or more. The final game was the next day and he said he could go, but we spared his arm and went with another guy. We scored first, but they had some great hitters and took a commanding lead. I was sitting out, but that put me in when the game got out of hand. I came up with two outs in the last inning. Abandoned my patient approach and swung on the first pitch and hit a soft liner over second, just out of reach of the SS. I finished the year hitting about .200, 7 walks, 7 K's and 7 hits. All in all a very fun experience.
                If any of you have any thoughts about playing I would highly recommend it. It took up most of my summer, but was so much fun and a great experience
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Wow, 250 pitches! Was Dusty Baker's brother your manager?
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Wow, 250 pitches! Was Dusty Baker's brother your manager?
                    Yeah, pretty crazy. Throwing 70 -75 instead of 95 probably makes a difference, we all asked him if he was ok, he was ready to pitch the third game too. I probably threw well over 200 pitches in little league games. In one of the games this year I got 2 of the first three guys out, then an error and about 10 batters in a row reached base. I probably threw 70 pitches in one inning...but I was only throwing about 55 or 60 I would guess. Hard to tear a UCL at that speed I would giess
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• pretty sure I could tear mine trying to throw that fast.

Comment

• speaking of fast, hey kev, why did sliders become sweepers?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          speaking of fast, hey kev, why did sliders become sweepers?
                          MLB decided, for whatever reason, that they wanted to distinguish in their products between types of sliders. Possibly because some pitchers throw both types of sliders. Sweepers (i.e., sliders thrown off the finger along the bottom of the horseshoe seam instead of along the side of the horseshoe) have been around for a long time, but they have definitely increased in popularity since the discovery of the underlying science a few years ago.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• hi...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              hi...
                              be very very quiet... we're hunting rabbits...

Comment

• Gah, why do you have to work for the braves, I hate rooting against your team

Comment

Working...
                                X