Exceelent Video Games You've Played Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I was sure this thread existed ... couldn't find it. Maybe it was some other thread?

New Stellaris patch (and DLC) released today. Looks amazing. With the new economic measures and completely revamped planet dynamics, it's starting to look like a mature game.
    Ok, so after a few days playing stellaris, I kinda like the new economic system. But unfortunately it creates a new ponderous aspectt to the game. You have this situation were buildings use up resources that can only be filled with resources from other buildings (or purchased from the market).

Problem is, you can only build a new building on a planet every 5 population growth tick. It takes about 1 hour of game play (at least) in order to get 5 pops. It's great idea to have resources depend on other resources, but these mechanics are just wrong.

From a gameplay perspective, it needs to be more immediate. Importing the building/slot mechanic with a long time based mechanic is just wrong IMO

Comment

Modded Fallout 4. This dude must be playing on a super computer or something...

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
        He's moved on Red Dead Redemption 2. Epic fail by Bethesda.
        I finally got around to playing RDR2 over the pandemic. Exceelent doesn't even come close. it needs a few more ee's to get to how good I thought this was. Fun, expansive, beautiful and a fantastic story line that you cared about.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          over the pandemic
          me too

Comment

Tetris.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I finally got around to playing RDR2 over the pandemic. Exceelent doesn't even come close. it needs a few more ee's to get to how good I thought this was. Fun, expansive, beautiful and a fantastic story line that you cared about.
              Yeah, it's so very good. One of the greatest of all time.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

In the last while, I played some:

Far Cry 5. It's pretty good, but the series is pretty much the same (fun) thing over and over. Still, stealing helicopters and crashing them into enemy bases as you parachute out and lob sticks of dynamite at them is a damn fine time.

State of Decay 2 - Post-apocalyptic zombie fightin'. You build bases and work with other survivors. Fun so far, but haven't played much yet.

Wasteland 3 - This series is what Fallout eventually became. It's real fun making up the teams and getting into the turn-based battles but managing that big of a team (6 person? something like that) feels like a lot of work.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  In the last while, I played some:

Far Cry 5. It's pretty good, but the series is pretty much the same (fun) thing over and over. Still, stealing helicopters and crashing them into enemy bases as you parachute out and lob sticks of dynamite at them is a damn fine time.

State of Decay 2 - Post-apocalyptic zombie fightin'. You build bases and work with other survivors. Fun so far, but haven't played much yet.

Wasteland 3 - This series is what Fallout eventually became. It's real fun making up the teams and getting into the turn-based battles but managing that big of a team (6 person? something like that) feels like a lot of work.
                  My kids love Fallout. My 10 year old loves it so much he even buys Fallout props online. Is Wasteland recommended? I'll let him know. Is this a PC or console game?

I only play OOTP Baseball '22. What do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    I've played a lot of this. The first game was one of my all time favs. Game 2 has a lot of nice enhancements, but lacks the ambiance(?) of the first game. There's more to characters, but less development. It lacks the story line of the first game which is a shame.

The scaling of difficulty is insane, and makes it very much replayable. Green < Standard < Dread <<< Nightmare <<<<< Lethal.

Lethal is insane and basically a whole new game. Everything you ignored or thought was useless before becomes incredibly important.

Another nice thing is that it is well supported. New enhancements come out regularly. They added a new map (entire town) at some point. There are seasonal zombies and weapons. The game came out 2 years ago and they are betaing a whole new game play right now on PC.

Would recommend, but I miss the really dire mood of the first game.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      My kids love Fallout. My 10 year old loves it so much he even buys Fallout props online. Is Wasteland recommended? I'll let him know. Is this a PC or console game?

I only play OOTP Baseball '22. What do I know?
                      Did you ever play Fallout 1 and 2? Wasteland is just like a way more awesome version of those two. Instead of first-person view, you get an overhead view of your entire team and you have turn-based combat instead of real time combat. Mine is PC. Not sure whether they're available on console since I don't have one, but I'd guess so.

Comment

If you like PC games, download the Epic Games app and every 7-10 days they have a free game available. This week’s free game is called Frost Punk, a apocalyptic city builder game that’s very addictive.

Comment

Just saw that Age of Empires 4 was released. Had no idea. Loved AoE II. Anyone playing?

Comment

The game came out 2 years ago and they are betaing a whole new game play right now on PC.

Would recommend, but I miss the really dire mood of the first game.
                            Beta for the State of Decay 2 update launched on PC and Xbox for realz a month or more ago. they redid the original map and expanded it. Also added a bunch of immersive quests that flesh out the world and follow up on some characters from past iterations. Really enjoy this game and the devs behind it.

Comment

gotta admit this embarrassment somewhere. Was playing trivia at a bar last night and got the question, "What is the name of the protagonist from the Halo series of video games?" I've only ever played Halo: Reach, but still, this is like asking a horror fan what is the name of the antagonist in the Friday the 13th movies? Even if you've never seen one, it's common knowledge.

I feel ashamed that I couldn't come up with it.

Comment

gotta admit this embarrassment somewhere. Was playing trivia at a bar last night and got the question, "What is the name of the protagonist from the Halo series of video games?" I've only ever played Halo: Reach, but still, this is like asking a horror fan what is the name of the antagonist in the Friday the 13th movies? Even if you've never seen one, it's common knowledge.

I feel ashamed that I couldn't come up with it.
                                Haven't played Halo in like 20 years but, yeah, I knew this one instantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X