Gun violence epidemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Jones ordered to pay $965 million for Sandy Hook lies

Couldn't have happened to a shittier piece of shit.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Alex Jones ordered to pay $965 million for Sandy Hook lies

I don't disagree
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Although the likely payouts will end up far less, I hope they stay high enough for this to financially destroy him.

Comment

His obvious guilt and fake remorse hasn't stopped him from continuing to make claims that the legal proceedings took place in a "kangaroo court" and that the democrats are trying to take away everyone's freedom of speech.

From that article:
          “He’s been walking in the shadow of death to try to profit on the backs of people who have just been devastated,” lawyer Josh Koskoff said. “That is not a business model that should be sustainable in the United States.”
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Although the likely payouts will end up far less, I hope they stay high enough for this to financially destroy him.
            And since we have extradition treaties with every country in the Western Hemisphere now, he'll have to disappear to some garden place like Belarus or Congo to avoid paying.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              And since we have extradition treaties with every country in the Western Hemisphere now, he'll have to disappear to some garden place like Belarus or Congo to avoid paying.
              I imagine this is going to drag out for years and involve forensic accounting. Initially, I dismissed that this figure would be even remotely close to the final figure, but interestingly, the jury did not award it as punitive damages, and I read that means it is less likely to be altered.

The families will never see the awarded sums, but maybe it will finally get Jones to understand that his words matter and have hurt so many. It boggles my mind that his defenders on the right, including elected officials like Marjorie Taylor Greene, seem to not understand the Constitution at all, calling this a free speech issue. I expect some lay people to not know what free speech actually is, but elected officials, especially the party that extolls the Constitution as almost a sacred doctrine really should read the thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I imagine this is going to drag out for years and involve forensic accounting.
                Even I know FORENSIC should be in ALL CAPS.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

My bad!

Comment

Bravo!

Comment

• The Red State Murder Problem:

Eight of the ten most lawless, high-murder states are not only Trump-voting states, but GOP bastions for the last quarter of a century.
                      https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-...murder-problem
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Sad!!

Comment

• That article madducks posted would be a great basis for an add in response to the ones I have seen lately. Any other markets playing these super racist adds showing blue states looking like war torn countries with violence perpetrated by black and brown people? I haven't see adds this overtly fear-mongering based on racial fears, maybe ever. They are from Citizens for Sanity. I won't link to the add I saw, but you couldn't make a more perfect example of race-baiting fear-mongering if you meant to as a parody.

Comment

• This is so hard to comprehend. Wow.

A 6-year-old boy is in police custody after he shot a teacher at Richneck Elementary School in Newport News, Virginia, Friday afternoon following an altercation between the student and the teacher. The female teacher is in critical condition.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/06/us/ne...ing/index.html

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              This is so hard to comprehend. Wow.

A 6-year-old boy is in police custody after he shot a teacher at Richneck Elementary School in Newport News, Virginia, Friday afternoon following an altercation between the student and the teacher. The female teacher is in critical condition.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/06/us/ne...ing/index.html
                              How the hell does a 6 year old get a gun? I'm sure whatever guardian is in charge is the child will rightly be prosecuted...unless the equally inconceivable reality is the child got the gun elsewhere.

Comment

• Meanwhile in Tennessee:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X