• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigur Rios with a spacier happier vibe

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      Sigur Rios with a spacier happier vibe
      Big fan, one of my favorite albums of 2010
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

This is an oldie but so damn good I had to share.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          I like "angry PJ" much better than "lovelorn PJ", so I haven't liked much of what she has done since "Dry" or "Rid of Me"....
          The lyrics on the new album are anti-war, so she's angry, just not in the same way she used to be.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

not new...but definitely EXCELLENT!!

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

It's amazing how your musical tastes can change as you get older. I used to hate songs that were longer than 4 minutes. I loved the short quick punk rock songs. I thought I'd post to bands that have really don't a great job at changing that for me.

And now for something a little harder:
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Anyone else digging the new Rural Alberta Advantage? (ElD you can probably take a pass on this one)

- Terence McKenna

Comment

I hadn't heard any good Latin-influenced rock songs in a while, so this song made my ears perk up when I heard it on Morning Becomes Eclectic the other day:

This song's so sexy, I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                    This song's so sexy, I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant.
                    This might be the most subversive song ever if it makes you want to get a 14 year old pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      This might be the most subversive song ever if it makes you want to get a 14 year old pregnant.
                      Looks like someone hasn't been watching their 30 Rock

Comment

very cool band...great hook in this tune..

another catchy as hell song

Last edited by Mithrandir; 03-13-2011, 10:41 PM.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          very cool band...great hook in this tune..

'Love In A Trashcan' has been my ringtone for about 5 years now ... good choice

It's all about Denmark today in the Bullpen! ... firstly my fawning post in the TV thread about must-see Danish series "Forbrydelsen" (best TV show since The Wire IMO) ... and now The Raveonettes, one of Denmarks best (only? ) musical exports

Comment

Ah, the Raveonettes, I dig 'em!

Here's my favorite of theirs:

Comment

Oh dear ...

Pass me the gun Neil ... I'll take care of this one.

Comment

So I have to go to a conference in Dublin on April 7th, and can't get there on the day, so I have to turn up the day before, and I'm looking for stuff to do. The Tutankhamun exhibition is something I want to see ...

Bowling for Soup are playing that night. I have never knowingly listened to them ... is it worth going to see them?

Comment

Working...
                                X