Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your single biggest worry/fear of Trump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    I am pretty much a mainstream Democrat, not a "leftist" (and certainly not the "leftest" ), but I think there are big differences here. Remember that Trump, even in victory, told everyone that he didn't trust the popular vote and that he believes if it weren't for illegal immigrant votes and other voter fraud, he would have handily won the popular vote. He's now spent much of his presidency working hard to undermine popular trust of/confidence in the media, the "deep state", the Soros/Blumenthal/globalist powers-that-be, the crooked, lying Democrats, etc. All of that lays the groundwork for him potentially contesting an electoral loss in 2020 and gaining material support from the American people (and perhaps more dangerously, the right-leaning US military establishment). So even though many Democrats felt "cheated" out of the presidency in 2000, the Clintons and ultimately Gore as well supported a smooth and peaceful transition of power to GWB. Even though Hillary Clinton and many Democrats believed (and still believe) that Russia interfered in the 2016 election on Trump's behalf, no one outside of Jill Stein (with little to no institutional support), sought to challenge the peaceful transition of power from Obama to Trump. I think Trump is different, and the groundwork he's laying, and the GOP leadership's general unwillingness to push back enough against (plus in many cases their enablement and active support of) his laying of that groundwork, makes the risk much higher should Trump lose a relatively close 2020 election contest.
    Actually, this is an even better representation of what happened. Hard for me not to hate Republicans for letting this all happen with no repercussion.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Actually, this is an even better representation of what happened. Hard for me not to hate Republicans for letting this all happen with no repercussion.
      this place is poorer without Fly around.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
      X