There is no proof that God exists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Fresno is not asking for evidence he is asking for proof.

I think in Law enough evidence is used as proof.

I do not think Fresno will accept law type proof.
    There is certainly reasonable doubt that "Jesus is God" instead of just a man.
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      I don't understand what you are saying here. One uses facts and replication of experiments to prove theories.
      Then what does the other use?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Scientific proof vs Proof in law.

There are two sorts of proofs: proof of facts and proof of theories. Because the objectives behind these proofs differ in legal and scientific work, the specific procedures for proving facts and
        theories also differ.

Fresno and others want scientific proof and throw out the very real Proof in Law.
        Turns out Fresno was asking a trick question.

Karl Popper once wrote that "In the empirical sciences, which alone can furnish us with information about the world we live in, proofs do not occur, if we mean by 'proof' an argument which establishes once and for ever the truth of a theory".

Comment

• The fact that quantum physics doesn't seem to follow what we understand to be the laws of the universe demonstrates how little we actually know. I don't see it as proof of god though, merely the current limits of our understanding.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            The fact that quantum physics doesn't seem to follow what we understand to be the laws of the universe demonstrates how little we actually know. I don't see it as proof of god though, merely the current limits of our understanding.
            I wasn't trying to use it as proof of God. I am asking the general question are there different types of proof that are accepted by the the participants in this discussion. Legal proof, philosophical proof, mathematical proof.

The original post states there is no proof that God exists. When I asked what proof would be accepted I was told scientific method (although Fresno did allow mathematical proof)

I want to know what other types of proof are accepted by society other than scientific method. Even that requires some philosophy.

Comment

• Canadians are burning down Catholic churches because they're fucking pissed about what's come to be more than 1,000 unmarked graves of indigenous children at residential schools across the country. Now, I'm no soothsayer but how the shit is the Catholic Church still a thing? Not only do they have some really crazy cult-ish type of stuff going on, they've had the pedophilia priest issue for what seems like forever, and now they're accused of more atrocities in dealing with indigenous children dating back to the 1830s.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                Canadians are burning down Catholic churches because they're fucking pissed about what's come to be more than 1,000 unmarked graves of indigenous children at residential schools across the country. Now, I'm no soothsayer but how the shit is the Catholic Church still a thing? Not only do they have some really crazy cult-ish type of stuff going on, they've had the pedophilia priest issue for what seems like forever, and now they're accused of more atrocities in dealing with indigenous children dating back to the 1830s.
                No Communion for YOU!
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  No Communion for YOU!
                  Unless you make a generous donation and then all's forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                  X