No announcement yet.

Abortion Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a single person truly, honestly believes that abortion is the same as murdering a live child - and I can prove it!

Imagine this situation:

A man is sitting in the waiting room of a fertility clinic when suddenly he sees smoke emerging from one of the rooms in the back. It's a fire and it's spreading quickly. He jumps up and rushes into the room where he saw the smoke. Upon entry, he sees the room quickly being engulfed in flames. And, unfortunately, there is a little six year old girl cowering in the corner of one side of the room, afraid to move. On the other side of the room are 1,000 vials labeled "viable, fertilized human embryos". He only has time to save one before the room is consumed by fire. Which does he choose?

I'll tell you what he chooses: he chooses the live girl every single damn time because he would be an absolute monster not to. It could be 100 embryos or a million - doesn't matter, because embryos are not the same as live humans. Anyone who tells you different is a liar or a sociopath.

(And yes, I kind of stole this from somewhere else, but it really got me a thinkin')
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Texas essentially just shadow banned abortion in their state. SCOTUS sat on their hands, didn't respond at all to a challenge lawsuit, and the GOP bill banning abortions beyond six weeks, placing bounties on people's heads who participate in any way with an abortion, etc.....all that just went into effect.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Saw a tweet that said "It's pretty wild that Covid currently has more reproductive rights in Texas than every woman in Texas"
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Saw a tweet that said "It's pretty wild that Covid currently has more reproductive rights in Texas than every woman in Texas"
          Let's talk about the elephant in the womb.

Comment

Since there is supposed to be a separation of church and state, I don't appreciate pro-life advocates saying abortion goes against the bible. If that's the case, then the abortion is between that woman and God, and no person on this earth should decide for her. This country was not founded based on Christianity. Many citizens belong to a faith that doesn't believe that abortion is wrong or right; for instance, the Jewish faith. What about atheists? How can we effectively outlaw something that is plainly based on 'Christian values'?
            We don't give fetuses names or social security numbers until they are actually delivered. Pro-like advocates never have a plan to take care of the additional children born as a result of their stance. Healthcare? Food? Education? Never a response from them. Pro-life is not pro-life; its actually anti-abortion. These people don't give a rats ass about what happens to these children, which is typical of their overall beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
              Since there is supposed to be a separation of church and state, I don't appreciate pro-life advocates saying abortion goes against the bible. If that's the case, then the abortion is between that woman and God, and no person on this earth should decide for her. This country was not founded based on Christianity. Many citizens belong to a faith that doesn't believe that abortion is wrong or right; for instance, the Jewish faith. What about atheists? How can we effectively outlaw something that is plainly based on 'Christian values'?
              We don't give fetuses names or social security numbers until they are actually delivered. Pro-like advocates never have a plan to take care of the additional children born as a result of their stance. Healthcare? Food? Education? Never a response from them. Pro-life is not pro-life; its actually anti-abortion. These people don't give a rats ass about what happens to these children, which is typical of their overall beliefs.
              This is a pretty broad brush, especially your last statement.

I'll be very upfront and say that as a Christian, I struggle with abortion, and to be honest, I would struggle with it even without my faith. IMO, abortion ends a viable life, and we have no idea what that life could have done, good or bad for their family, community, or society. I'm a believer that keeping abortion legal is very important. It is not an easy decision for woman to make, and many woman talk about the scars they care emotionally from the abortion. However, providing a safe place for this to happen (as we know it will continue to happen), is of the utmost importance.

Let's also look and see that faith as instituted a lot of great charity work. Many, many hospitals were started by religious groups. Many of the relief groups that are help in disaster recover were started by religious groups. So please, don't think that people of faith "don't give a rat's ass about what happens to these children", as clearly they do a lot of good work. I won't disagree that some of their political beliefs are backwards, and antithetical to the Bible, but as we see the church get younger, we are seeing more mercy and grace from it's leaders in their discussion of faith.

And to be clear, the Texas law is abhorrent. Imagine being an Uber driver and picking up someone and unwittingly taking the woman to have an abortion and now facing a $10,000 judgement. Ridiculous and vindictive.
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Pretty much spot on.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

And yet if I climb a tree and take an Eagle egg I can be fined $5000.00 and get two years in jail. $250,000 and 10 years if it is a felony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    And yet if I climb a tree and take an Eagle egg I can be fined $5000.00 and get two years in jail. $250,000 and 10 years if it is a felony.
                    You're yolking, right?

Comment

• George Carlin on pro-life conservatives.

Comment

• Six week embryos are the size of a pomegranate and do not have a heart. The heartbeat bill concept, predictably, is based totally off of a lie by religious extremists. The sound you hear is the machine itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Six week embryos are the size of a pomegranate and do not have a heart. The heartbeat bill concept, predictably, is based totally off of a lie by religious extremists. The sound you hear is the machine itself.
                          Where did you get your info as it appears to be wrong.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your belly and your baby develop from week to week with this interactive visual pregnancy timeline from WebMD.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Texas sharia law restricting reproductive rights also does not provide exceptions for women victimized by rape or incest. Their right wing nut job Governor said that’s just fine, since they are working to prevent future rapes, presumably Minority Report style.

Clown party strikes again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Texas sharia law restricting reproductive rights also does not provide exceptions for women victimized by rape or incest. Their right wing nut job Governor said that’s just fine, since they are working to prevent future rapes, presumably Minority Report style.

Clown party strikes again.
                              In 2019, Texas led the country in the number of reported rapes. 9 of 10 rapes were done by family or an acquaintance. Those Texas boys definitely know how to take care of their women. Gonna be a lot of dads and brothers being taken off the streets.

Comment

Working...
                              X