Abortion Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    So you're quoting me but ignoring the context of the quote. Got it. Ken, not sure why you've got a big up your ass, but it's getting old quick.
    Your quote referenced Gregg's. Read it again. I literally quoted you. This is not hard.

Nice debate strategy though, if someone doesn't agree with you they have something "up their ass". Seriously shut the hell up with that drivel.

Comment

I have tried to have that discussion with anti-abortion folks and it never goes anywhere.

They can't move on when they're busy fending off legal efforts to restrict access to abortion, shut down clinics, attack doctors or revoke their licenses, etc.
      I would suggest that if we can find the common ground that we dont want our kids in the position of making a decision we will be minimizing the need for the procedure. I agree that one side is stuck in the things that you mention. I commend you for trying to have the discussion we mentioned earlier. I think we have to work harder to forward the conversation about how to minimize the need for them.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

DMT quotes Gregg and disagrees.

I reply and say that Gregg's point was valid.

But I'm off topic because DMT was supposedly replying to BG instead.

What are you on DMT?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

What are you on DMT?
          uhm, pretty obvious answer to that?
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

What are you on DMT?
            I was disagreeing because Gregg was not acknowledging that my comment was based on BG's point that the LAW IS SETTLED SO MOVE ON. Then you chime in to say I'm not listening.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
              uhm, pretty obvious answer to that?
              Exactly, that was the joke

I was trying to decide whether to put in a (,) there at the end

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Murder? Says who?
                the tiny person who was murdered?
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Exactly, that was the joke

Was trying to decide whether to put in a (,) there at the end
                  sorry, I'm good at ruining those sneaky jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                    I would suggest that if we can find the common ground that we dont want our kids in the position of making a decision we will be minimizing the need for the procedure. I agree that one side is stuck in the things that you mention. I commend you for trying to have the discussion we mentioned earlier. I think we have to work harder to forward the conversation about how to minimize the need for them.
                    I would love to move to that point. I personally find abortion morally repugnant. But I still vehemently defend women's reproductive rights.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by dmt View Post
                      i would love to move to that point. I personally find abortion morally repugnant. But i still vehemently defend women's reproductive rights.
                      holy shit!!!!!!! You and i agree on something...
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                        holy shit!!!!!!! You and i agree on something...
                        Hah, I'm sure we agree on plenty but we both like to argue.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Hah, I'm sure we agree on plenty but we both like to argue.
                          Yep - Im sure we do. (to both sentiments there)

Comment

I would love to move to that point. I personally find abortion morally repugnant. But I still vehemently defend women's reproductive rights.
                            What about late-term abortion? If we see any movement in the next couple of years it will likely be to restrict the abortion of a potentially viable fetus. Given that the woman has had a minimum of three months to have an abortion, can you see taking steps to support the potential child?

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              What about late-term abortion? If we see any movement in the next couple of years it will likely be to restrict the abortion of a potentially viable fetus. Given that the woman has had a minimum of three months to have an abortion, can you see taking steps to support the potential child?

J
                              If the health of the woman is not endangered, yes, I am ok with this.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                                I also think that if you go on welfare, you should have to get temporarily sterilized until you come off welfare.
                                How has no one commented about this statement?

This is a very conservative viewpoint that I'm surprised you hold Fresno. I find this sentiment pretty repugnant.
                                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X