No announcement yet.

Abortion Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roe v Wade has been officially overturned by the fascist Supreme Court. Welcome back to the 1950s!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Roe v Wade has been officially overturned by the fascist Supreme Court. Welcome back to the 1950s!
      The founding fathers stated we are not a Christian nation. Republicans are imposing their will with this unconstitutional ruling. The solution is vote these assholes out of office. Vote in the primaries, local state and national election. We allowed this to occur by not going to the polls when Trump swept into the WH 2016. The nation went to polls in 2020 and beat him by 7 million votes but the damage Trump created was far reaching. I hope this happens again next Nov and vote the Republicans out of office. Congress can then pass a law making abortion legal again. I will also add that I'm not anti Christian but anti anybody who imposes their religious views.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        The founding fathers stated we are not a Christian nation. Republicans are imposing their will with this unconstitutional ruling. The solution is vote these assholes out of office. Vote in the primaries, local state and national election. We allowed this to occur by not going to the polls when Trump swept into the WH 2016. The nation went to polls in 2020 and beat him by 7 million votes but the damage Trump created was far reaching. I hope this happens again next Nov and vote the Republicans out of office. Congress can then pass a law making abortion legal again. I will also add that I'm not anti Christian but anti anybody who imposes their religious views.
        Well said.

Comment

It's 100% delusional to think that merely voting for Democrats will lead to any progress.

Joe Manchin already sided with Republicans AGAINST codifying Roe into law in a Senate vote.

Pelosi and other scumfuck Democrats rallied the troops to stop progressive Jessica Cisneros from overtaking Henry Cueller, openly anti-abortion. She celebrated Cuellar's win!

The Democratic party, as an institution, do not give a flying fuck about abortion rights. They only care about wielding power and using it to make millions off insider trading. Dems right now are licking their chops at the prospect of their voter base being fired up for the mid-terms! They do not care.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            It's 100% delusional to think that merely voting for Democrats will lead to any progress.

Joe Manchin already sided with Republicans AGAINST codifying Roe into law in a Senate vote.

Pelosi and other scumfuck Democrats rallied the troops to stop progressive Jessica Cisneros from overtaking Henry Cueller, openly anti-abortion. She celebrated Cuellar's win!

The Democratic party, as an institution, do not give a flying fuck about abortion rights. They only care about wielding power and using it to make millions off insider trading. Dems right now are licking their chops at the prospect of their voter base being fired up for the mid-terms! They do not care.
            Voting for a Centrist Democrat is quickly becoming the equivalent of voting Republican. And the geriatric Democratic base just doesn't see that yet. I hate to say it, but the Progressive Democrats don't have a chance until more of the older voters die off.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

You’re probably right. Most politicians don’t give a fuck about anything except getting elected. But now that IT IS a hot button issue, they will use it however they can to get back into power and overturn it. So I disagree with you there.

And BTW, this has now become a hot button issue for generations to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                You’re probably right. Most politicians don’t give a fuck about anything except getting elected. But now that IT IS a hot button issue, they will use it however they can to get back into power and overturn it. So I disagree with you there.

And BTW, this has now become a hot button issue for generations to come.
                Why would the Democrats take action on abortion if it allows them to win the mid-terms or Presidency?

Why kill the single biggest motivator your base has for voting you in?

Self-serving centrist fuckers would rather protect some bullshit filibuster rule, making it impossible to do anything, and maintain all the horrors that motivate their base. Then they'll pretend their hands were tied the whole time, like Biden's entire Presidency. The Senate Parliamentarian excuse, the lack of executive action, the protection and support of Manchin, Sinema, Cuellar, etc. They LOVE this SC decision.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Why would the Democrats take action on abortion if it allows them to win the mid-terms or Presidency?

Why kill the single biggest motivator your base has for voting you in?

Self-serving centrist fuckers would rather protect some bullshit filibuster rule, making it impossible to do anything, and maintain all the horrors that motivate their base. Then they'll pretend their hands were tied the whole time, like Biden's entire Presidency. The Senate Parliamentarian excuse, the lack of executive action, the protection and support of Manchin, Sinema, Cuellar, etc. They LOVE this SC decision.
                  Because if this does motivate the base to vote, and they do win, then they need to do something to show they're serious about it and not inept.

If Dems overturn the filibuster now, what's the worst that can happen? I think THIS was the worst case scenario, that if they did it before that when the GOP took over, they would use the new 50% threshold to overturn abortion. Now it's no longer the case. So what's the worst thing the GOP could do now without a filibuster? Destroy gay rights? Traitor Thomas already alluded to that, so that shouldn't matter either. In fact, eliminating the filibuster in the Senate would allow gay rights to become law and not a legal issue.

As much as I hate how the GOP is destroying this country, they had a layup in '22 and probably '24 that's now off the table.

Comment

• Recently watched the Handmaids tale...really good show although I didn't realize it was a blueprint for a political party in 2022.

Comment

There is some truth to what you have posted but the Republicans are far worse and far more dangerous. There is no other party to vote for sadly. Republicans will not stop at just outlawing abortion. Their influence will tell children what they can and cannot read in school. Marriage laws back to 1950s, voting rights, the right to have guns without checks to murder children in school etc. You may say that it is delusional that the Dems will overthrow this ruling but provide no other solution. That is dangerous thinking and implies there is nothing you can do about it. I'm voting Democratic and at least that is something until I see a better option.

Comment

There is some truth to what you have posted but the Republicans are far worse and far more dangerous. There is no other party to vote for sadly. Republicans will not stop at just outlawing abortion. Their influence will tell children what they can and cannot read in school. Marriage laws back to 1950s, voting rights, the right to have guns without checks to murder children in school etc. You may say that it is delusional that the Dems will overthrow this ruling but provide no other solution. That is dangerous thinking and implies there is nothing you can do about it. I'm voting Democratic and at least that is something until I see a better option.
                        The word "merely" was the key to my statement.

Voting Dem is fine, but it's not going to do anything. I almost think America needed a 2nd Trump term to shake them to their core and make them understand the abject failure of centrist do-nothing Dems. Is this enough? Or are you going to listen to the useless fucks that led us here and simply "vote harder this time", and convince yourself that it does anything?

Fighting fascism at the voting booth is like showing up to a rigged carnival game with a million dollars. It doesn't matter how many times you play if the entire game is rigged.

Comment

• Here's someone as black-pilled as I am, but he offers some solutions. Mainly, organize, primary the corrupt Dems, and take the party over.

Also, fuck Obama for letting it get to this. The clip at 13:30 shoes how entirely useless the Dems are.

Comment

Working...
                          X