Tulsi Gabbard on Rogan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    Funny - someone here in this world has stated she has seen her 15 minutes....
    I maintain that position. You will notice that the people on this site who seem to like her are non-Democrats.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      ?? Her mom is American, from Iowa, I believe. She could have been born anywhere from Nuuk to Timbuktu and still be a citizen.
      Yeah, I agree, but based on the birther Obama had to deal with, led by your boy, many do not agree with that definition if natural born citizen. Or else, why would it have mattered even if Obama was born in Kenya?

Comment

Rogan had Elon Musk on the episode before Gabbard...those 2 episodes are just awesome and worth the 4 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Rogan had Elon Musk on the episode before Gabbard...those 2 episodes are just awesome and worth the 4 hours.
          Rogan had his work cut out trying to get anything out of Musk in that one. Musk seemed tired or out of it or something. Like pulling teeth. Dude is going off the deep end with all the stress he deals with. That thing called that cave diver a pedo was so over the top. He fell way down off of my fanboy pedestal over that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Rogan had his work cut out trying to get anything out of Musk in that one. Musk seemed tired or out of it or something. Like pulling teeth. Dude is going off the deep end with all the stress he deals with. That thing called that cave diver a pedo was so over the top. He fell way down off of my fanboy pedestal over that one.
            I still have 20 mins left I dont remember anything about a cave diver....I read the pauses as Musk is always thinking about what he wants to say before spewing it out.

Comment

I still have 20 mins left I dont remember anything about a cave diver....I read the pauses as Musk is always thinking about what he wants to say before spewing it out.
              Maybe the pauses are when he is smoking weed
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Oh, he didn't say it on the podcast. He tweeted it cuz the guy dissed him and said they didn't need his help to save those boys. He retorted by calling him a pedo and doubling down on that later, cuz why else would an older white guy be over there, was his logic. No proof. I get he as hurt and he gets attacked a lot, but that is a nuclear response and just about the worst thing/rumor you can start about someone. I hope he had to pay up big in court for that.

Comment

Oh - and why should anyone get their undies in a bunch if Musk takes a hit of marijuana on Rogan's show. Seriously - just way to reactionary these days!!
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Oh - and why should anyone get their undies in a bunch if Musk takes a hit of marijuana on Rogan's show. Seriously - just way to reactionary these days!!
                    I don't think anyone cared about that too much. He does have stock holders and stock value to think of with his public persona. But if that is all he has done lately, I don't think that sort of thing would be a net loss for his image. But his other erratic behavior and defensiveness clearly has hurt stock prices. Tesla as a brand is very much tied to the vision and charisma of one man--Musk. He has risen to icon status, and I was one of the guys who really admired both his vision and the genius and drive it took to realize that vision. All that said, him getting into a pissing contest with that British diver who helped save those boys in Thailand was as low as you could get. For whatever reason you want to give for that--overworked, too much pressure, attacked for offering help--none of those reasons excuse him tweeting that, and him doubling down on it after he had time to sleep/cool down whatever. It was a bitch ass move: https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...e-pedo-twitter

He certainly has exhibited other erratic behavior lately, including pretending he was going to take the company private, with financial support from mysterious investors that would buy out stock at $420 a share (wink emoji for the weed smokers). Basically, he has been scaring the crap out of Tesla stock holders and their board for awhile now, but I don't think they can do what Papa John's did and oust him, because, again, he is so integral not only to their past success, but I think their future success. He is a man of singular drive and vision who may end up leaving a mark on history few in our time will rival. But he has also recently revealed himself to be petty, mercurial, and vindictive. Dude needs a break or something. Step away from social media. He isn't doing his company any favors lately.

Comment

I found his comments regarding AI to be interesting and alarming at the same time. In that part of the discussion, it seemed he was being very careful about how he parsed his words. This guy knows way more than any of us do and that would likely bring a fair amount of stress with it Im sure.

I find it interesting that he named his car after Tesla. Tesla was a guy that was way ahead of his time!
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                        I maintain that position. You will notice that the people on this site who seem to like her are non-Democrats.
                        And yet she was lock-step in line campaigning with and for Bernie during the last cycle. I cant say that "R's" like her. I dont know if I would vote for her, but I do know that she at least appears to be more honest about her positions. I agreed with some of the things discussed with her in Rogan's interview though. Public (for profit) prisons is really a bad thing.

Comment

And yet she was lock-step in line campaigning with and for Bernie during the last cycle. I cant say that "R's" like her. I dont know if I would vote for her, but I do know that she at least appears to be more honest about her positions. I agreed with some of the things discussed with her in Rogan's interview though. Public (for profit) prisons is really a bad thing.
                          ‘The US must stop arming Saudi Arabia, stop fueling this fire and hold Saudi Arabia accountable for their actions.’

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                            ‘The US must stop arming Saudi Arabia, stop fueling this fire and hold Saudi Arabia accountable for their actions.’
                            Yeah - I can get behind that. Ive stated previously we as a country have to stop being the worlds police.

Comment

I missed both the Rubin and Candace Owens broadcasts. He recently had Larry Sharpe (NY Libertarian Governor candidate) on his show. Sharpe has some interesting ideas around education and also NY's transit issues. I liked his ideas, in that particular interview Rogan wanted more specifics than Sharpe could actually give. Sharpe indicated that he wanted to work with people within the education system (Teachers, Parents and Administrators) to overhaul the program. Trying to get the Federal Govt out of the process and figure out ways to minimize expenses. Part of his thought is eliminating "standardized testing" until the Sr High age (if I recall correctly) - he has heard from teachers that they arent actually teaching kids to learn - rather that they are giving kids test prep to make sure they can pass a test.

I do like Rubin, in that I believe his primary concern is actually "free speech". Rubin calls himself a classical Democrat w/Libertarian leanings. He had Ben Shapiro on after a 30 day self imposed break from social media. They had a very interesting conversation about their friendship and how they can be friends even though Ben doesn't agree with homosexuality.

As for Candace - I find her to be pretty confrontational. That said, she is coming from a place where she is frequently be told that she should hold "other viewpoints" primarily because of her race. I find the idea that one should think this, because they are (fill in the blank) to be abhorrent. People are people and should be allowed to think for themselves and hold opinions different to (fill in the blank) tribe. (Not sure I am conveying this well) - So I suppose I get why she tends to be more frontal and direct.

Rogan - for his part - I like because he makes the whole thing very conversational and keeps it in the realm of the common guy. Plus he will challenge folks, no matter what position they hold (in general). He doesnt mind playing "devil's advocate" - and I think that is a good thing.

He had an really interesting discussion with Ted Nugent within the last month. I also get a kick out of some of his regulars, and the stories they tell about their travels and what not. He's not always political - and I have to admit I really enjoy that.
                              You don't see the connection between Dave Rubin and Candace Owens, but it's really obvious. They both started as media figures for left wing progressive organizations, they both wanted more money (Rubin has been outed as a whiner who wanted $150K immediately when he was with Young Turks)... so basically, they both saw the money coming from the right wing vastly outweighed the money coming from the left, and they've altered their public personas to cash in on that. Rubin makes a TON of money from the Koch brothers. Owens was a nobody when she was a left-winger... getting paid healthy appearance fees these days, despite her noted idiocy.

I've loved all of your commentary here. I think you should re-examine your trust in either Rubin or Owens.

Lastly, you should check out Tulsi Gabbard with Jimmy Dore. She's got over an hour of interview with him posted on youtube now, and it's pretty good. Dore is a far-left nutjob who rails against the Russia investigation nonstop, but I enjoyed that interview.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                You don't see the connection between Dave Rubin and Candace Owens, but it's really obvious. They both started as media figures for left wing progressive organizations, they both wanted more money (Rubin has been outed as a whiner who wanted $150K immediately when he was with Young Turks)... so basically, they both saw the money coming from the right wing vastly outweighed the money coming from the left, and they've altered their public personas to cash in on that. Rubin makes a TON of money from the Koch brothers. Owens was a nobody when she was a left-winger... getting paid healthy appearance fees these days, despite her noted idiocy.

I've loved all of your commentary here. I think you should re-examine your trust in either Rubin or Owens.

Lastly, you should check out Tulsi Gabbard with Jimmy Dore. She's got over an hour of interview with him posted on youtube now, and it's pretty good. Dore is a far-left nutjob who rails against the Russia investigation nonstop, but I enjoyed that interview.

TW -
                                Thanks for your concern related to my "trust" in Rubin or Owens. While I do like Rubin, I wouldnt say I fully trust him as I am aware of his former Turks affiliation. As I said earlier, he considers himself a classical liberal (classical Democrat) - with a stress on the topic of "free speech". Which is the primary discussion I am interested in regarding his shows. Hearing Sam Harris, Brett Weinstein, and Ben Shapiro all with very different places on the political spectrum coming together to agree and have concerns about this topic actually interests me. Primarily because they agree passionately about the freedom of speech - and its necessity - even though the disagree on so many other concepts and ideologies.

While I like to listen to Rubin - it is usually somewhat topic or guest driven.

Candace is confrontational, but when she is told by someone that she is supposed to think X way because she is X - it is downright abhorrent (and I can understand why she would get upset or more direct) Ive seen some of her stuff on her "conversion" from the Left. Some interesting stuff in there.

I can honestly say - I have never actually searched for and Candace Owens stuff, its more just popped up on my FB or shared by some of my old high school friends on their pages.

Time will show what their true motivation is.

I like to listen to Rogan, but there are times where I will listen for 10 - 15 minutes and turn it off, cuz Im not interested in the topic or the guest.

Comment

Working...
                                X