Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Politics in the Church????

Call me shocked - Just shocked!!

It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Ugh. I guess the good news is that the Roman Catholic Church bishop's conference in Germany was able to research and publish a scathing study and report on its own history, but the extent of the abuse and the evidence of widespread cover ups is staggering.

Comment

Cardinal Dolan was a primary school classmate of my wife. I have not seen his face on the news, on either side.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

This from MSN:

Pope Francis on Saturday expelled a Chilean priest under investigation in a case involving the sexual abuse of children, according to a report by local media on Saturday, amid a growing global abuse scandal that has shaken the Roman Catholic Church.

The Archdiocese of Santiago said the Pope had decided to defrock the Reverend Cristian Precht, local daily El Mercurio reported.

Precht was a former head of the Church's Vicariate of Solidarity human rights group that in the 1980s had challenged ex-dictator Augusto Pinochet to end the practice of torture in Chile.

The well-known Chilean religious leader has since been accused of sexual abuse as part of the investigation into allegations against members of the Marist Brothers religious community.

Precht has previously denied the charges.

Comment

One wonders if it really would be better for the whole Church to just collapse. So much evil in the institution.

As an outsider to the ways of the Catholic Church, how did so many predators get so much alone time with so many young boys? How does that work? The amount of alone time with boys the predators had to be able to do all of this horrible things is really perplexing to me. What were the cover stories? How did no one ever walk-in on them? I've never been in a church setting as a kid where I would have been alone with an adult in a private setting for any length of time.

Comment

France is reporting that over 330,000 children were abused within the Catholic Church over a period of 70 years. That's something like one child every two hours for 70 years straight. Unbelievable.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                France is reporting that over 330,000 children were abused within the Catholic Church over a period of 70 years. That's something like one child every two hours for 70 years straight. Unbelievable.
                It's so f%!&ing gross that they get away with it, but very believable.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I really don't get how there are Catholics anymore, much less a Catholic Church. This stuff should have been fatal to their organization.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    I really don't get how there are Catholics anymore, much less a Catholic Church. This stuff should have been fatal to their organization.
                    Cults don't die that easily.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                    X