Entering into the world of hand guns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    of course, unless there are more fears that percolate ... 'tis the season ...
    Who is that in your profile pic? Vlad Jr?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        yep ... nice find Ken.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Typically these supply runs are fear based. I bet if you wait a few weeks we'll be back to normal.
          I agree on the fear based comment. However, I am guessing that the fear factor will continue into the election and at least a month or two afterwards. This could put a hinderance to our shooting due to cost or availability. Maybe both.

We probably shot 100 rounds each on Thursday. So 1000 rounds last us only 5 sessions. When I started this journey 1000 rounds seemed like a lot. Now not so much.

Comment

• After a long layoff my wife and I went shooting yesterday. We went back to our old haunt 5 Star in Zion IL.

About a year and a half since we have been there. Six months since we last shot anywhere.

Mrs. Gregg started with her .380 semi auto, went to her Cimarron Colt 45, and then Cowboy style .22 long rifle. She shot very well. Even better considering her time off.

I started off with my H&K P30L 9mm. I was shooting at 7 yards. I was consitantly low left and could not make a satisfying correction.

I then went to my Smith and Wesson 629. It is a .357 Magnum revolver with a 6 inch barrel. I was using the 38 special loads. I ran 24 shots threw it at 4 different targets. All were in a 4 inch or tighter pattern near the bulls eye with at least one being in the bullseye. 2 targets had multiple bullseyes.

I went back to the H&K and had problems like the first go around.

I took it to 5 Stars resident Gunsmith for help. He shot it and came back and said you have a bad trigger mechanism that cause the gun to pull down and left. He showed me his target with 3 shots low left an 3 corrected shots in the Bullseye. The trigger pull is two long. I will buy the parts and he will put them in. Hopefully it will solve the issue.

We had a great time and look forward to going back in a few weeks.

Comment

• I bought a Savage Mk II rimfire rifle a few weeks ago, largely because my 14-year old is allowed to shoot it at the range and .22 ammo is easy to find and cheap. But after shooting just 40 rounds, it jammed like 5 or 6 times and I sent it back to Savage to see what is wrong with it.

And Gregg, BTW the price of 9mm ammo has plunged. It's now around $0.40 a round, which is about half the price it was 6 months ago and largely the same price it was in March 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                I bought a Savage Mk II rimfire rifle a few weeks ago, largely because my 14-year old is allowed to shoot it at the range and .22 ammo is easy to find and cheap. But after shooting just 40 rounds, it jammed like 5 or 6 times and I sent it back to Savage to see what is wrong with it.

And Gregg, BTW the price of 9mm ammo has plunged. It's now around $0.40 a round, which is about half the price it was 6 months ago and largely the same price it was in March 2020.
                Congrats on the new Savage. I hope they take care of you on the fix.

Good to hear on the ammo. I didn't check prices as I wasn't buying this time out.

Comment

Working...
                X