Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like Taylor Tomlinson. https://youtu.be/6UaUdWmTNGY

Comment

I am embarrassed it took me this long to find him, especially since I am a fan of Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell, and he was on that show, but I just watched Eddie Pepitone's Special For the Masses. I was floored. I have never seen anything quite like this guy. If you, like me, are late to the Pepitone party, just sit back and enjoy the ride and go into it knowing it is not your typical comedy special. This guy should be way bigger than he is and the view count on this special is criminally low. If you like a comic who has something to say and comes up with the most novel and hilarious ways of saying it imaginable, you will love this guy. He is a one of a kind, but reminds me of Carlin in some ways, although, I dare to say his delivery is even funnier at times. I don't think I ever laughed more watching something on my own before. I can't believe it took me so long to find him. I've heard his name before too, and I just never bothered to look him up.

Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-20-2022, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I am embarrassed it took me this long to find him, especially since I am a fan of Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell, and he was on that show, but I just watched Eddie Pepitone's Special For the Masses. I was floored. I have never seen anything quite like this guy. If you, like me, are late to the Pepitone party, just sit back and enjoy the ride and go into it knowing it is not your typical comedy special. This guy should be way bigger than he is and the view count on this special is criminally low. If you like a comic who has something to say and comes up with the most novel and hilarious ways of saying it imaginable, you will love this guy. He is a one of a kind, but reminds me of Carlin in some ways, although, I dare to say his delivery is even funnier at times. I don't think I ever laughed more watching something on my own before. I can't believe it took me so long to find him. I've heard his name before too, and I just never bothered to look him up.

I finally got around to watching this and absolutely loved it. Very dark and nihilistic at times, but I found his deconstruction elements took the edge off, so you know it's not exactly him talking, but an exaggerated character he's playing. I wonder if he's got other specials worth digging for.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          I finally got around to watching this and absolutely loved it. Very dark and nihilistic at times, but I found his deconstruction elements took the edge off, so you know it's not exactly him talking, but an exaggerated character he's playing. I wonder if he's got other specials worth digging for.
          He has a great "This is Not Happening" story on Youtube that is worth checking out.

Comment

Pretty good new special out, free on YouTube from Stavros Halkias. He's new to me. It's getting a lot of traction, with 1.5 million views in 9 days.

He's really quick, and good with crowd work. Nothing earth-shattering, but a fun watch.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Pretty good new special out, free on YouTube from Stavros Halkias. He's new to me. It's getting a lot of traction, with 1.5 million views in 9 days.

He's really quick, and good with crowd work. Nothing earth-shattering, but a fun watch.
              Good, solid, lean set. He has clearly honed his craft. I am surprised I did not know of him, as he clearly has a huge following to amass those numbers so quickly.

ETA: I really liked his material, his comfort with crowd work, and his delivery overall, but by the end, I did find his laugh after every punchline began to annoy my a bit. But still well worth the watch, overall.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-18-2022, 03:56 PM.

Comment

He has one on Amazon from 2014. It isn't quite as good imo, but still very funny and thought-provoking. It is in the same style, and it also gets very dark and nihilistic--more so, in fact. It is very similar in terms of structure and content and even set ups, though obviously the specifics of the bits are different. I think you would like it.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-17-2022, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I've gotta share my current #1 favorite comic, Andy Kindler.

He's 65, and his style is endlessly amusing to me. It's deconstruction, where he tells a joke and then comments on the joke itself, the response, etc. I've listened to about 500 hours of his podcast now (Thought Spiral), and his shtick never gets old to me.

His background, he was on Everybody Loves Raymond for 30 episodes, which I never watched. His biggest highlights are the annual "State of the Industry" speech at the Just For Laughs festival, where he attacks various comics and celebs (traditional targets: Jay Leno, Ricky Gervais, Jeff Dunham, Adam Sandler, Larry the Cable Guy, etc) and making 50 appearances on Letterman, mostly as a replacement for Dave when he was no longer able to do man-on-the-street segments without being mobbed.

Here's a good quick set.

Comment

I watched Sheng Wang's new Netflix special, Sweet and Juicy, last night. Really top notch stuff. He voice and delivery sound like a cross between Mitch Hedberg and Anthony Jeselnick, but his material is totally unique. Just great stuff from start to finish. I highly recommend it.

Comment

I've gotta share my current #1 favorite comic, Andy Kindler.

He's 65, and his style is endlessly amusing to me. It's deconstruction, where he tells a joke and then comments on the joke itself, the response, etc. I've listened to about 500 hours of his podcast now (Thought Spiral), and his shtick never gets old to me.

His background, he was on Everybody Loves Raymond for 30 episodes, which I never watched. His biggest highlights are the annual "State of the Industry" speech at the Just For Laughs festival, where he attacks various comics and celebs (traditional targets: Jay Leno, Ricky Gervais, Jeff Dunham, Adam Sandler, Larry the Cable Guy, etc) and making 50 appearances on Letterman, mostly as a replacement for Dave when he was no longer able to do man-on-the-street segments without being mobbed.

Here's a good quick set.

I am glad you found humor in this.

I liked him on Raymond. I was hoping to like his standup. I did not.

I appreciate that he works clean, but I did not crack a smile.

Comment

Bill Hader talking about a lost SNL sketch:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X