Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    What a night. Great great stuff.

I really don't know what to expect in the finals ... but I'm pretty sure that there will be some high drama.
    does Toronto have the speed to guard the perimeter? they can handle anyone on GS who comes inside but damn, that shooting is fantastic. Looking forward to Game 1, going to try to find some tickets....

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      does Toronto have the speed to guard the perimeter? they can handle anyone on GS who comes inside but damn, that shooting is fantastic. Looking forward to Game 1, going to try to find some tickets....
      Cool ... get your thousands ready ...

The thing about our d so far is that it has forced well-oiled offenses into taking a lot of low-percentage shots ... very good offenses have been put out of their rhythm; I not sure I see that happening with GS tho.

Having said that, per 538 the defenses GS has faced so far ... "Golden State’s three prior playoff opponents ranked 19th (Clippers), 18th (Rockets) and 16th (Trail Blazers)." That bodes well.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

IF KD can't go, that frees Kawhi to take the primary defensive assignment on Klay or even Steph, which is huge, as I would otherwise worry about Toronto's ability to defend the perimeter. It would certainly help if Danny Green can break out of his offensive funk enough to keep him on the floor defensively, as well. The Raptors should definitely have the advantage inside. And from a standpoint of being playoff tested, they're at far less of a deficit against the Warriors that Milwaukee or Philadelphia would have been. Kawhi, Green, Ibaka, Gasol and Lowry have great experience. And obviously the Raptors know they can beat the Warriors head-to-head, as they handled them relatively easily in the regular season.

Comment

One of the things I'm really curious about is the pace; the Raptors got really good throughout the year at playing a great transition game, keeping the pace fast & loose ... Lowry in particular pushes the ball like nobody else even in heavy traffic. Obviously the Warriors thrive in this kind of a game - we could see some ridiculously frenetic sequences. It's also a strategy they use to draw fouls (both Lowry & Gasol are masters at this).

Should be great to watch.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

the usual bullshit referring of the nba. I guess Tim Donaghy told them who the bet was on...

Comment

agreed ... having said that, the way the raps lost it in the second half was tough to watch as a fan ... they somehow clawed back to make it close but even then they didn't look like the team that got here. Big game for Draymond, Iggy, Cousins - they won that game for GS, shutting down Kawhi & Siakam and protecting their glass, and playing strong & coordinated on offense. Will be interesting to see what Nurse does for game 3 - the raps have made adjustments all through these playoffs, a big one is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                the usual bullshit referring of the nba. I guess Tim Donaghy told them who the bet was on...
                Other than the play where Steph Curry hit the brakes and jumped back into Siakam, who was maintaining his line, which play(s) did you have in mind? I agree that that play should have been a no-call or an offensive foul, but that's super tough to call in real time.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  Other than the play where Steph Curry hit the brakes and jumped back into Siakam, who was maintaining his line, which play(s) did you have in mind? I agree that that play should have been a no-call or an offensive foul, but that's super tough to call in real time.
                  The thing that I noticed repeatedly was how tight they were calling pick & rolls - that's a play the raptors have been running the same way all season and esp. all post-season, and what was considered okay all of a sudden was being called.

I actually thought Curry's move was pretty slick on that play.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    cousins flopping like a wounded seal and getting the call

gasol standing, hands straight up, not moving and being called

one of the blocking fouls on kyle lowry

I am sure there are more and I am sure I am super homer'ing it too....

Comment

According to Shams Charania on NBATV on Tuesday, there is still "no decision" from Kawhi Leonard.

"There is no update," Shams added. Leonard has a lot of free agents in a holding pattern, and it's really anyone's guess when the reigning Finals MVP makes his decision. Many credible reporters have been thrown off by Kawhi and his mysterious ways, so it could be a while and it still hasn't even been 48 hours since free agency started. It's likely going to come down to the Lakers, Clippers and Raptors.
                      Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

It's alright, it's alright, it's alright. He moves in mysterious ways.

Comment

Working...
                      X