#___ingwhileblack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Did the victim jump in front of his car? Otherwise, how was there no crime committed?
    It's apparently a highway where a driver would normally be going at high speed without any expectation of pedestrian traffic. And as racist and callous as the guy's Snapchat posts are, they read as if he was surprised to have hit a guy, the way someone might react upon hitting a deer darting across the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      It's apparently a highway where a driver would normally be going at high speed without any expectation of pedestrian traffic. And as racist and callous as the guy's Snapchat posts are, they read as if he was surprised to have hit a guy, the way someone might react upon hitting a deer darting across the highway.
      I ran over a chipmunk recently that I couldn't avoid and felt worse about it than this guy did about killing a human being. Even without the racism, the coldness, even mirth, about killing another human being is a clear indicator that this guy is broken and should not be a member of society. The fact that he has friends just as cold blooded is disturbing too.

Comment

Not expecting you to know all the answers, but why were there no signs posted if people are picking up trash around the highway? That's just not smart.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Not expecting you to know all the answers, but why were there no signs posted if people are picking up trash around the highway? That's just not smart.
          From what I read, it doesn't sound like he was involved in a planned trash pickup event. Rather, it sounds like he was driving, noted debris on the road that he thought could cause an accident, pulled over and got out of his car to move the debris.

Comment

From what I read, it doesn't sound like he was involved in a planned trash pickup event. Rather, it sounds like he was driving, noted debris on the road that he thought could cause an accident, pulled over and got out of his car to move the debris.
            I lost a co-worker and friend in a similar manner. He stopped routinely on highways to pick up what he considered hazardous material (like tailpipes that fell off, and so on). Despite my - and other friends - telling him he needed to stop doing this, he continued and was killed by an elderly driver, who was not charged, either.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I lost a co-worker and friend in a similar manner. He stopped routinely on highways to pick up what he considered hazardous material (like tailpipes that fell off, and so on). Despite my - and other friends - telling him he needed to stop doing this, he continued and was killed by an elderly driver, who was not charged, either.
              That's horrible--a good guy trying to help out loses his life for it. It is risky, and accidents do happen. I imagine/hope whoever killed your friend felt devastated by the accident, and wasn't laughing/bragging about it on snapchat though. If I'm a family member of someone killed like that, if the person is devastated by the event, I think I wouldn't harbor much ill will if it was unavoidable. If they are joking/bragging about it after though, well, my attitude toward them would be very different. To have something like that happen and to dehumanize the person you ran over like that--I sure hope they look at this case closely to make sure he didn't do it on purpose.

I don't know if this guy would have been as flip and joking if he'd hit and killed a white person, or a woman, or a child. He and his friends are revealed to be racists in their conversation, so maybe for him killing this young man was like hitting a deer. Very telling. Then again, some people are just pyschopaths, so can do something like accidentally kill another human being and laugh and joke about it.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-01-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                That's horrible--a good guy trying to help out loses his life for it. It is risky, and accidents do happen. I imagine/hope whoever killed your friend felt devastated by the accident, and wasn't laughing/bragging about it on snapchat though.
                This is true, though I think B-Fly's point was being evil doesn't mean the individual was guilty of manslaughter or other crime related to the road accident. In fact, given what's happened with all the attention, I suspect if the police and DA had any type of decent case, they'd have arrested that cretin in a minute.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  This is true, though I think B-Fly's point was being evil doesn't mean the individual was guilty of manslaughter or other crime related to the road accident. In fact, given what's happened with all the attention, I suspect if the police and DA had any type of decent case, they'd have arrested that cretin in a minute.
                  Oh, I get that, and I am sure you are right--given the publicity this has gotten, I'm sure if they had a case, the'd have arrested him.

I realize his attitude after the fact is not a crime, but I find his dehumanizing, racist, jocularity just after he ran over a human being, accidentally or not, so appalling, I really wish he was being punished in some way. Maybe this sort of reaction always happened privately, and the age of social media, when privacy is a bygone concept, reveals this darkness, or maybe we are getting worse. IDK. I guess when you have 8 billion people in the world, and no privacy, and reporting on everything, you are gonna see more of the shit stains of society than before.

Edit: I should add that I get having a a morbid sense of humor. I have friends with very morbid senses of humor, but joking about the guy you just ran over, calling him "just some n-word," the dehumanizing of it, the flippancy is just so infuriating. I just seem to see this sort of indecency revealed more these days, again, probably because of how social media, news media, outrage culture, etc is set up these days.
                  Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-01-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Oh, I get that, and I am sure you are right--given the publicity this has gotten, I'm sure if they had a case, the'd have arrested him.

I realize his attitude after the fact is not a crime, but I find his dehumanizing, racist, jocularity just after he ran over a human being, accidentally or not, so appalling, I really wish he was being punished in some way. Maybe this sort of reaction always happened privately, and the age of social media, when privacy is a bygone concept, reveals this darkness, or maybe we are getting worse. IDK. I guess when you have 8 billion people in the world, and no privacy, and reporting on everything, you are gonna see more of the shit stains of society than before.

Edit: I should add that I get having a a morbid sense of humor. I have friends with very morbid senses of humor, but joking about the guy you just ran over, calling him "just some n-word," the dehumanizing of it, the flippancy is just so infuriating. I just seem to see this sort of indecency revealed more these days, again, probably because of how social media, news media, outrage culture, etc is set up these days.
                    What percentage of our country are descended from slave owners? These attitudes never died, just got repressed for awhile, and are now being granted legitimacy by Trump and his goon squad. This is why I have little sympathy or respect for Trump supporters who defend him or look the other way as he defends white supremacists and ignores POC who commit heroic deeds. Even if you support the parts of his agenda that intersect with your personal views or those of your party, his recklessness on the part of race relations in our country is utterly abhorrent and accepting it as part of the package means you're indirectly culpable IMO.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Latest is swimming while black: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.67c2f4c99a7e

Comment

8-year-old selling water from her front yard.

- Terence McKenna

Comment

8-year-old selling water from her front yard.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b00295f15cf35f
                          She looks a lot like that BBQ police calling lady from Oakland. Or maybe all bored ass racist hefty white gals look alike to me.

Comment

The messed up part is that a lot of the time, race isn't mentioned in the articles about mistreatment at all.

Take the jogger from France, who was in Vancouver, BC visiting her mother. Goes for a jog on the beach, on an inlet shared by Canada/US and accidentally crosses the US border, in an area with no visible signs indicating the border... but she's not white, so it's totally fine to detain her for 2 weeks, right?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gration-ordeal
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              The messed up part is that a lot of the time, race isn't mentioned in the articles about mistreatment at all.
                              Yeah, some old school journalists still require actual evidence of motivation before printing it as fact. What can you do?
                              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                                Yeah, some old school journalists still require actual evidence of motivation before printing it as fact. What can you do?
                                None of the articles mention her race at all. My wife was telling me about how it pisses her off that race isn't mentioned in the articles about this case.

Seriously, I'm not into conversing with you. You're trolling and hating and making a fool out of yourself... I don't come here for this crap. I'm done with you. You should've earned a seat on the bench for your outburst yesrterday, but you're back to trolling less than 24 hrs later. Pathetic.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X