Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LeBron James is now (or will shortly be) the greatest basketball player of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    The Cavs are back! Can they keep up the momentum in Boston?
    I have a hard time believing Lebron cant win 1 at Boston. I remember 2 years back when we beat Golden State in Golden State for the championship. I told everyone at the Party that its the 7th Game and "WE HAVE THE BEST DAMN PLAYER IN THE PLANET ON OUR TEAM" I will take that every time.

I remember all those great Cavs beaten by Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
      I have a hard time believing Lebron cant win 1 at Boston. I remember 2 years back when we beat Golden State in Golden State for the championship. I told everyone at the Party that its the 7th Game and "WE HAVE THE BEST DAMN PLAYER IN THE PLANET ON OUR TEAM" I will take that every time.

I remember all those great Cavs beaten by Jordan
      I stand by this comment. Off to the finals!!!!!

Comment

LeBron is the GOAT and it's not even that debatable anymore.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          LeBron is the GOAT and it's not even that debatable anymore.
          Agree!!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Now he's got to take this group up against the Warriors. It's all on his shoulders again. Has to be exhausting. Who is going to defend against Durant? Curry? Klay?

Comment

Now he's got to take this group up against the Warriors. It's all on his shoulders again. Has to be exhausting. Who is going to defend against Durant? Curry? Klay?
              Green on Durant
              Hill - curry
              Jr on Klay

Comment

The more I think about it the more I really want to hear LeBron say, "I've decided that I'm going to be taking my talents to Salt Lake City." I just love the idea of him going to a small market for purely basketball reasons - because with Donovan Mitchell's revelatory offensive game, Gobert's transcendence as a defensive stopper and rim protector, and Rubio's ability to spell or support James as a secondary distributor, it just makes it the perfect basketball situation for LeBron to step into. I know it will probably never happen because...Salt Lake City...but what should that even matter in the NBA age of League Pass, TNT, NBA-TV, ESPN?

Comment

I used to make an annual visit to Salt Lake City BITD, and it was.... interesting.

Obviously it is a mostly white and extensively Mormon population. There is/was a mall near the team hotel, and depending on the road trip details, the players might have time to relax at that mall.

the locals would naively point in amazement at these tall black people on the escalators, for instance.
                  the players were well aware that these were not dangerous people, and were pretty gracious in realizing that their height was as startling as their color (which didn't make them afraid, just curious).

SLC has come a long way since then, and while NBA players always considered it boring, it posed no threat.

they have always had a solid fan base, and would embrace LeBron as much as any market in the NBA. I don't know the nuances of how he might fit with the team there, but that market is no reason alone for him not to go there.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The more I think about it the more I really want to hear LeBron say, "I've decided that I'm going to be taking my talents to Salt Lake City." I just love the idea of him going to a small market for purely basketball reasons - because with Donovan Mitchell's revelatory offensive game, Gobert's transcendence as a defensive stopper and rim protector, and Rubio's ability to spell or support James as a secondary distributor, it just makes it the perfect basketball situation for LeBron to step into. I know it will probably never happen because...Salt Lake City...but what should that even matter in the NBA age of League Pass, TNT, NBA-TV, ESPN?
                    Well, if he's gonna go to a small market, hopefully he'll want to team up with the future GOAT...Giannis.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Well, if he's gonna go to a small market, hopefully he'll want to team up with the future GOAT...Giannis.
                      I just don't see that as a good basketball fit. Both Giannis and LeBron are ball-dominant point forwards whose best offense involves driving to the rim and either scoring or dishing to a cutter or spot up perimeter shooter. For similar reasons, I don't necessarily like LeBron in Philly sharing the court with Simmons. I think Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are much better complements to what LeBron does best on a basketball court.

Comment

I just don't see that as a good basketball fit. Both Giannis and LeBron are ball-dominant point forwards whose best offense involves driving to the rim and either scoring or dishing to a cutter or spot up perimeter shooter. For similar reasons, I don't necessarily like LeBron in Philly sharing the court with Simmons. I think Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are much better complements to what LeBron does best on a basketball court.
                        Spoilsport. Dream crusher.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Spoilsport. Dream crusher.
                          Right?!?
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Okay, okay, homers, lol. I can play that game, too. LeBron, come play for the Nets! Dinwiddie! Russell! Hollis-Jefferson! LeVert! Best part is, it will absolutely kill the Knicks' fans.

Comment

Okay, okay, homers, lol. I can play that game, too. LeBron, come play for the Nets! Dinwiddie! Russell! Hollis-Jefferson! LeVert! Best part is, it will absolutely kill the Knicks' fans.
                              How many more first rounders do they owe the celtics?
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

who can wait until next June to see which uniform LeBron wears as he takes on the Warriors in the NBA Finals this time?

sorry, should have typed SPOILER ALERT

again, I am not one who claims this is killing the league. they are getting the ratings and the fannies in the seats, basically, in 30 cities.

why, I can't really explain.

but plenty of industries succeed to the mystification of the broader audience. the NBA is doing fine.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X