Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: 2k21: San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Giants place 3B Evan Longoria on the 10-day IL with a left shoulder sprain.

Longoria is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. If you missed it, he injured the shoulder on Saturday while trying to cut off a ground ball that was hit to SS Brandon Crawford which resulted in the two players colliding. So, it could have easily been avoided with better communication and/or awareness.
    Seems to be a lot of that going around in the NL West...
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The Giants shockingly send LaMonte Wade back to AAA. Wade was batting .265/.344/.470 with a 125 OPS+, but he had options remaining, so off he goes.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Now at the all-star break and the Giants have the best record (57-32) in all of baseball. It may be time to start taking this team seriously.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Journeyman
    Bad loss for the Giants tonite. Leading 6-1 going into the bottom of the 5th, the Dodgers score 4 over 2 innings. Tyler Rogers comes on in the 9th leading 6-5, walks the 1st two on 9 pitches and gives up a walkoff HR to Will Smith. The good news is the Giants still have the best record in baseball, but now LA is only 2 games back.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd View Post
    Bad loss for the Giants tonite. Leading 6-1 going into the bottom of the 5th, the Dodgers score 4 over 2 innings. Tyler Rogers comes on in the 9th leading 6-5, walks the 1st two on 9 pitches and gives up a walkoff HR to Will Smith. The good news is the Giants still have the best record in baseball, but now LA is only 2 games back.
    I just can't see the current Giants roster will outlast the Dodger or Padres given the fact both LA and SD have endured more inquires to date and that both LA and SD are prepared to go over the Luxury tax to get better at the deadline.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

If the Giants are buyers, I'd be pounding down their door, They have several primo prospects that they can afford to deal. So do the Dodgers, but you've gotta need a catcher...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

The Giants are reportedly trying to trade for Starling Marte.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Journeyman
    Dodgers had a chance to tie the Giants for 1st tonite. All they needed was a clean 9th inning from Jansen but he got only 1 out and allowed 5 baserunners and 3 runs and the Giants came back to win, 4-2.

― Albert Einstein

Tonight, the Giants scored 4 runs in the ninth off of Kenley Jansen to win it 5-3. Wow!

― Albert Einstein