2K24: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Two thirds in and the Giants have the best record in the National League. Their recycle bin rotation has to be one of the biggest surprises in all of baseball.
    Care for an avatar bet the finish no higher than 3rd in the NL West?

yes I was wrong about the end of May, most illusions take time to be exposed. I'm sure SF's moment is on the horizon.

BTW, I'm not saying the Padres will finish 1st, but both SD and LA are far better than SF in pretty much every capacity--but congrats on a good run in the first third.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Care for an avatar bet the finish no higher than 3rd in the NL West?

yes I was wrong about the end of May, most illusions take time to be exposed. I'm sure SF's moment is on the horizon.

BTW, I'm not saying the Padres will finish 1st, but both SD and LA are far better than SF in pretty much every capacity--but congrats on a good run in the first third.
      I also expect the Giants to finish third. But, i always love a good underdog story.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I also expect the Giants to finish third. But, i always love a good underdog story.
        As do I , but I'm somewhat skeptical that these great pitching numbers around all of MLB, especially by washed up, never was and joruneymen arms has something to do with the chemicals being put on the balls and though I might just be Q Anoning it seems like another--everyone's doing it so MLB is looking the other way as they did in the Roids era. SF seems like a rotation FULL of guys like that so I'm probably being a tad harsh on them.

It's not just SF, nor do I think there aren't Padre arms doing the same--It just makes me a bit annoyed, that's all--nothing personal
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• was curious enough to check the xERA per HQ of each SP - a better predictor of future success over the long run, though sample size comes into play here in just 1/3 of a season.

the rankings so far by xERA, then lists ERA

SD Musgrove 2.59 (2.08)
          SF Wood 3.00 (2.44)
          SF Webb 3.04 (3.86)
          SF Gausman 3.21 (1.40)
          SD Darvish 3.67 (2.16)
          SD Snell 3.86 (5.55)
          SF Sanchez 3.98 (3.18)
          SF Cueto 4.00 (3.86)
          SD Weathers 4.10 (1.31)
          SF DeSclafani 4.21 (3.56)
          SD Paddack 4.31 (3.61)
          SD Lamet 4.43 (2.57)

pitchers with a better xERA are Webb and Snell (a lot of these ERAs are low, so not surprising there aren't many with "underperforming" results so far)
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Giants place 3B Evan Longoria on the 10-day IL with a left shoulder sprain.

Longoria is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. If you missed it, he injured the shoulder on Saturday while trying to cut off a ground ball that was hit to SS Brandon Crawford which resulted in the two players colliding. So, it could have easily been avoided with better communication and/or awareness.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Giants place 3B Evan Longoria on the 10-day IL with a left shoulder sprain.

Longoria is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. If you missed it, he injured the shoulder on Saturday while trying to cut off a ground ball that was hit to SS Brandon Crawford which resulted in the two players colliding. So, it could have easily been avoided with better communication and/or awareness.
              Seems to be a lot of that going around in the NL West...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The Giants shockingly send LaMonte Wade back to AAA. Wade was batting .265/.344/.470 with a 125 OPS+, but he had options remaining, so off he goes.

Comment

• Now at the all-star break and the Giants have the best record (57-32) in all of baseball. It may be time to start taking this team seriously.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bad loss for the Giants tonite. Leading 6-1 going into the bottom of the 5th, the Dodgers score 4 over 2 innings. Tyler Rogers comes on in the 9th leading 6-5, walks the 1st two on 9 pitches and gives up a walkoff HR to Will Smith. The good news is the Giants still have the best record in baseball, but now LA is only 2 games back.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      Bad loss for the Giants tonite. Leading 6-1 going into the bottom of the 5th, the Dodgers score 4 over 2 innings. Tyler Rogers comes on in the 9th leading 6-5, walks the 1st two on 9 pitches and gives up a walkoff HR to Will Smith. The good news is the Giants still have the best record in baseball, but now LA is only 2 games back.
                      I just can't see the current Giants roster will outlast the Dodger or Padres given the fact both LA and SD have endured more inquires to date and that both LA and SD are prepared to go over the Luxury tax to get better at the deadline.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• If the Giants are buyers, I'd be pounding down their door, They have several primo prospects that they can afford to deal. So do the Dodgers, but you've gotta need a catcher...
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• The Giants are reportedly trying to trade for Starling Marte.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dodgers had a chance to tie the Giants for 1st tonite. All they needed was a clean 9th inning from Jansen but he got only 1 out and allowed 5 baserunners and 3 runs and the Giants came back to win, 4-2.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tonight, the Giants scored 4 runs in the ninth off of Kenley Jansen to win it 5-3. Wow!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X