No announcement yet.

2K24: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck was in the folder (or whatever it is) that she was holding? Must be pretty juicy!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      What the heck was in the folder (or whatever it is) that she was holding? Must be pretty juicy!!
      It was a phone. Lots of things could be there, lol.

Comment

yeah, apparently she grabbed his phone away in the middle of the argument - he tried to grab it back and she fell over.

on the one hand... but on the other hand.... yeah
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          yeah, apparently she grabbed his phone away in the middle of the argument - he tried to grab it back and she fell over.

on the one hand... but on the other hand.... yeah
          My ex-wife used to wait until i was in the shower to try to find something scandalous on my phone. She thought i didn't know. She never found anything.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            My ex-wife used to wait until i was in the shower to try to find something scandalous on my phone. She thought i didn't know. She never found anything.
            Where did you hide the other phone?

Comment

And screamed her lungs out in the middle of a public park, while bystanders were filming them (which means, obviously, they had been causing a scene for awhile).

The wife issued an apology after she probably realized her public histrionics may cost her husband his lucrative job.

Comment

The Giants are really having a bad week. Off the field anyway.

Cameron Maybin was arrested on suspicion of DUI in Scottsdale, Arizona last Friday.
                https://nypost.com/2019/03/05/giants...in-dui-arrest/

Perhaps, Maybin was celebrating Harper not signing with the Giants. As in "Yeah! More outfield openings for Cameron".
                Last edited by madducks; 03-05-2019, 11:05 PM.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

so I wound up getting to draft "Mr. Irrelevant" on Sunday - the last player in the main phase of the auction.

has to be a pitcher, and I literally could not find a single SP available projected better than -5. scrambling with little time, I see a name from the past - guy who used to go in the mid-20s or more. I panicked and took him for a buck. maybe he's ready to start the 2020 season?

or has Johnny Cueto retired? or he's pitching batting practice somewhere? haven't been able to find a stitch of info on him for months.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

so I wound up getting to draft "Mr. Irrelevant" on Sunday - the last player in the main phase of the auction.

has to be a pitcher, and I literally could not find a single SP available projected better than -5. scrambling with little time, I see a name from the past - guy who used to go in the mid-20s or more. I panicked and took him for a buck. maybe he's ready to start the 2020 season?

or has Johnny Cueto retired? or he's pitching batting practice somewhere? haven't been able to find a stitch of info on him for months.
                    From our friends at rotowire, where all good junkies should be subscribers...did I get that right Jason?

Throws from 45 feet

February 19, 2019

Cueto threw from 45 feet Monday, his first time throwing since undergoing Tommy John surgery in August, Maria I. Guardado of MLB.com reports.

ANALYSIS
                    Tommy John surgery carries a recovery time of at least one year, leaving Cueto with an outside chance at best to return in some capacity late in the season. He seems to be making the expected progress so far, but the right-hander is still a long ways off.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Horns, in other words, you "haven't been able to find a stitch of info on him for months."

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Horns, in other words, you "haven't been able to find a stitch of info on him for months."

No, I was able to find the latest information on him...it happens to be 6 weeks old. It's not like he's ready for a rehab start, and any setback likely would have been reported.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

ok, I said "months" - and it's 6 1/2 weeks since we both are talking about the exact same info.

not the same at all

but thanks for the effort, in all seriousness

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Kevin Pillar's FAAB price in our 12-team NL only? 35 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              Kevin Pillar's FAAB price in our 12-team NL only? 35 bucks.
                              Crazy...and I thought I was bidding too high at 19.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I think I bid $24. In my other league I bid $18 but he went for $26. Also it was Glenn who bid $35. Last week it was Jocye for $15 so already half way through his FAAB.

Comment

Working...
                                X