No announcement yet.

2k24: St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Pujols, last Monday, homered off of the 450th different pitcher of his career, which is a new major league record. He had been tied with Barry Bonds.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Albert Pujols with HR #695 today.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tonite, Pujols tied A-Rod for 4th place all-time w his 696th HR of his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          Tonite, Pujols tied A-Rod for 4th place all-time w his 696th HR of his career.
          The Cardinals have 7 more games against the Pirates, so I like Pujols' chances to reach 700 HR. The schedule is really odd this season with the Cardinals and Pirates playing their last 6 games against each other with the first 3 in St. Louis and the last 3 in Pittsburgh.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Albert Pujols today hit career homerun #697 to pass Alex Rodriguez for 4th place all-time.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Helsley 104? Insane
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Helsley 104? Insane
                I got him for 11, which seems like a bargain....oh you meant MPH
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Adam Wainwright and Yadier Molina have made 326 career starts together. An MLB record for most as a battery.

The previous record was 324 by the Detroit Tigers Mickey Lolich and Bill Freehan from 1963-1975.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Pujols w #699 tonite. By jove, he's going to reach 700 HRs!

Comment

• 700 !
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• what a great moment.

Comment

• The guy in the front row who got the double high five from Pujols after #700 is Adrian Beltre.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This Walker demotion is such a head scratcher to me. On MLBTR today: "Mozeliak said the move was about getting some more consistency from this (outfield) group, hoping that subtracting one member would make it easier for everyone to get into a good rhythm."

​Yes, I agree Walker could use some ABs against weaker pitching to get his head on straight and adjust to the opposing adjustments, but I dont understand why STL isnt calling every GM trying to move one of their many OF pieces for pitching. They moved Bader for Montgomery...that seems to have worked out. O'Neill and Marmol might be at odds.

And oh yeah, STL kind of sucks right now. What are they waiting for?

Comment

• I assume part of the rationale is this: by demoting Walker, Mozeliak won’t feel he is negotiating potential trades while at a disadvantage. By showing he demoted Walker, he is not desperate to make a trade. With a logjam in STL he might seem to be pressed to make a move.

Comment

• Cards OF are mainly underachieving so prudent to delay until more of a sell high vs sell low period.

Comment

Working...
                                X