No announcement yet.

2k24: St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldschmidt & Arenado exposed as anti-vaxxers.....I mean, they're being put on the restricted list for their 2-game series in TOR.

Comment

• Bader had a setback and is expected to be shut down for another few weeks. Was holding out hope I could get some more SB from the guy.

Comment

• Paul Goldschmidt is having a "triple-slash crown" season. He leads the NL in all 3 triple slash categories: .332 BA, .415 OPB and .614 SLG.

Comment

• Miles Mikolas is the rage drop of the week after giving up 10 er in 2.2 ip at Coors Field yesterday.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Miles Mikolas is the rage drop of the week after giving up 10 er in 2.2 ip at Coors Field yesterday.
            He sure is! My runaway first place NL 5x5 team just saw its lead evaporate over the past week. Mikolas did most of the damage.

Did anyone watch the game? Coors Field fluke?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              He sure is! My runaway first place NL 5x5 team just saw its lead evaporate over the past week. Mikolas did most of the damage.

Did anyone watch the game? Coors Field fluke?
              I watched the game as I had a gaggle of players in it. Mikolas was generally just tossing up meatballs. I wouldn't call it a fluke, he just wasn't fooling anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Miles Mikolas is the rage drop of the week after giving up 10 er in 2.2 ip at Coors Field yesterday.
                Last 4 starts:
                9.00 ERA
                1.85 WHIP

Comment

• In 1 league my pitching has been very strong lately but yesterday I had Mikolas, Martin Perez and Stroman going and this happened:

13.7 IP, 23 ER, 29 H, 5 BB, 10 K, 15.15 ERA, 2.49 WHIP (would have been even worse if I had activated Yarbrough)

I saw that Mikolas was pitching in Coors this week. Normally I reserve SPs in weeks they're at Coors but I saw that Mikolas had another start later in the week so I thought I'd take a chance. I followed the game online and it was obvious by the middle of the 3rd inning that he didnt have it but Marmol just left him in there to ruin the roto stats of thousands across the country, as well as any chance for the Cardinals to make a comeback.

Yes, this was just a fluke bad start exacerbated by the extreme hitting environment at Coors, as Mikolas has generally been great this year.

I lost 7.0 pts in this league, w 6.0 pts being in ERA and WHIP. Will take me weeks to recover from this. I also had Finnegan give up 2 ER in 1.0 IP but he actually vultured a win the game, which gained me a pt.
                  Last edited by rhd; 08-10-2022, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    In 1 league my pitching lately has been very strong lately but yesterday I had Mikolas, Martin Perez and Stroman going and this happened:

13.7 IP, 23 ER, 29 H, 5 BB, 10 K, 15.15 ERA, 2.49 WHIP (would have been even worse if I had activated Yarbrough)

I saw that Mikolas was pitching in Coors this week. Normally I reserve SPs in weeks they're at Coors but I saw that Mikolas had another start later in the week so I thought I'd take a chance. I followed the game online and it was obvious by the middle of the 3rd inning that he didnt have it but Marmol just left him in there to ruin the roto stats of thousands across the country, as well as any chance for the Cardinals to make a comeback.

Yes, this was just a fluke bad start exacerbated by the extreme hitting environment at Coors, as Mikolas has generally been great this year.

I lost 7.0 pts in this league, w 6.0 pts being in ERA and WHIP. Will take me weeks to recover from this. I also had Finnegan give up 2 ER in 1.0 IP but he actually vultured a win the game, which gained me a pt.
                    Same thing here though I also had Castillo and Musgrove to mitigate the damage

Brutal
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Thanks. Just trying to figure out if I should flip $1 Mikolas or if that’s overreaction. I do need to make a trade but he has been good until recently.

Comment

• Chandler Redmond, a prospect at AA Springfield, hit for the HR cycle yesterday. It was only the 2nd time in modern professional baseball history this has been accomplished.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Chandler Redmond, a prospect at AA Springfield, hit for the HR cycle yesterday. It was only the 2nd time in modern professional baseball history this has been accomplished.
                          Had to look up exactly what that is. Yeah, that's pretty special. The only other such feat was done on 7/27/98 by Tyrone Horne who also was playing for a AA Cards' affiliate (Arkansas).

Comment

• Nice bounceback performance from Mikolas today after the Coors disaster. 8.0 IP, 2 ER, 4 H, 0 BB, 6 K and a W.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              Nice bounceback performance from Mikolas today after the Coors disaster. 8.0 IP, 2 ER, 4 H, 0 BB, 6 K and a W.
                              Agreed and a sigh of relief. He scuffled in the first and second, but locked down after that. Seemed like he got angry!

Comment

• Will Nolan Gorman be platooned next year too?

Comment

Working...
                                X