NL Keeper List Due Sun. Have Two Spots Left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Keeper List Due Sun. Have Two Spots Left

NL League 10 teams 5x5. Here are the candidates for the final 2 spots. All players are in their 2nd year. Also keep in mind that we have a 6 man reserve bench so I can place my pitchers on the bench. Right now I'm only have 2 pitching keepers Bradley and Hendricks. So which 2 would you keep?

Austin Hedges C $2
    Wilmer Flores 1B/3B $4
    Ryan McMahon 1B $10
    Kyle Barraclough P $1
    Walker Buehler P $3
    Jack Flaherty P $4
    Luis Gohara P $3
    Tyler Glasnow $5

Probably Barraclough and Buehler....
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

The two that will go for the biggest bucks at auction are McMahon and Buehler based on skill and spring training, Flaherty would be a close third for me.

Comment

Buehler and Flaherty for me, given their prices. I'd be tempted by Gohara, but the Braves are just so damn deep with pitchers, it is hard to count on Gohara getting the innings. McMahon is a pass for me at his price for the same reason I like those two over Gohara. Hard to count on him getting the ABs given their recent Cargo signing. Desmond is getting paid too much not to play every day, and I think he ends up playing a lot at 1b, if their other OFers stay healthy.

Comment

McMahon has no starting gig and this is just a 10-team NL league

in 10-team, does Buehler really go for more than 3 and does Bearclaw go for more than 1?
          that just seems like you swallow some slots and then kick yourself late in the auction

I might lean toward Hedges 2 if it's a 2 C league, but I assume you don't have to commit to any of these guys

if you don't, see how you feel after. if you whiff - well, they say you learn more from failure than success
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Hedges. And I would consider Flores as the second. Adrian Gonzalez is broken and Dominic Smith can’t hit.

Comment

A variety of answers. Judge I understand your answer and I can say that in our league is unique that if I throw back all 3 pitchers because they still have rookie status therefore cannot be nominated for the auction. I also have no doubt all 3 would be taken in our farm round so if I do not keep one then I get none as my farm slots are full. We also have a 6 reserve bench so my idea is to stash one of the pitchers in there. The way I'm reading this right now is that Gohara injury is not bad and looking for a May return. He was originally slotted as the 4th starter. Buehler looks to be up at some point and with all 5 current Dodgers starters all possible injury risk I would say it is not a question of if but when. Flaherty opportunity will depend on starters 3-5 Wacha, Wainwright and Mikolas as to how they perform. For sure I do not want to keep a second one as that ties up too many spots. I was also leaning earlier towards McMahon but the signing of Cargo moved that down the list.

I think I just need to decide on one of the pitchers and either go with Hedges, Flores or Bearclaw. How would you rank the pitchers?

Comment

For me, Buehler and Gohara are your most attractive pieces.

Buehler has major upside and pretty darn good current. Don't miss your only chance at getting him on your squad,

Comment

Depends on how your league ranks closers in importance...Barraclough could be the heir apparent, or he could be behind Steck. I'm not keeping a .214 hitting catcher who might get 500 AB's and kill my BA though.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                  X