X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boone View Post
    January 2: 230 lbs
    January 27: 220 lbs

Halfway there ... but I might keep going.
    Congrats on a great start.

A couple of questions if you do not mind.

First what do you mean by "but I might keep going?" Why wouldn't you?

Second why are you weighing in on a Saturday when you have 3 more days to lose weight (keeping it at weekly weigh ins)?

Good luck with the battle!

Comment

I could've sworn I posted but don't see it.

1/2 - 229
      1/16 - 228
      1/23 - 227
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        I could've sworn I posted but don't see it.

1/2 - 229
        1/16 - 228
        1/23 - 227
        Yeah something went wrong with the site and they had to reset it. Lost a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Congrats on a great start.

A couple of questions if you do not mind.

First what do you mean by "but I might keep going?" Why wouldn't you?

Second why are you weighing in on a Saturday when you have 3 more days to lose weight (keeping it at weekly weigh ins)?

Good luck with the battle!

Thanks Gregg.

To answer your first question, my goal was to drop twenty pounds and keep it off, but if I get there then I might try to see if I can get below 200 lb.

To the second question, my weekly weigh-in is on Saturday, so that's just a function of my personal schedule. I could post the #'s on Tuesday but it would be the same #.

Little accomplishment along the way - I went out last night in size 36 jeans that fit for the first time in a long time ...

Comment

Originally posted by Boone View Post
            Thanks Gregg.

To answer your first question, my goal was to drop twenty pounds and keep it off, but if I get there then I might try to see if I can get below 200 lb.

To the second question, my weekly weigh-in is on Saturday, so that's just a function of my personal schedule. I could post the #'s on Tuesday but it would be the same #.

Little accomplishment along the way - I went out last night in size 36 jeans that fit for the first time in a long time ...
            Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you "might quit now."

Saturday certainly works, I saw your first weigh in on Tuesday (same as mine). I need the extra 3 days! Why I could lose a 1/3 of a pound in that time frame.

Keep up the good work. Congrats on the 36 inch pants.

Comment

Jan. 1 - 173
              Jan. 8 - 171
              Jan. 22 - 170
              Jan. 29 - 170.5

Haven't been eating too badly. Just need to get a little more active.

I'm going to Vancouver for 10 days, plan on walking a lot and going to a few energetic rock shows. Hopefully I shed a few pounds on vacation.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Jan 1 - 210
                Jan 9 - 209
                Jan 15 - 209
                Jan 22 - 205 (yay for a stomach bug)
                Jan 29 - 201 (having no appetite at all for that one day gave me the needed reset, so that my body wasn't so desperate to eat more food than needed, so I've been able to stick with smaller portions)

My goal was to get under 200 by my birthday, which is Feb 1, this Thursday. I think I'll be able to do that, but honestly, the only reason I was able to get there was that I caught a nasty 24 hour flu from my wife that completely eradicated my appetite for over 24 hours. The hardest part for me is always that initial transition to overeating to under-eating, so that ended up being a good way to get me on that path. However, now it is getting tougher each day to stick with that. I am again craving carbs a lot, and it is hard to keep eating to the point of being not hungry instead of what I usually do, which is eat to the point of being FULL. I'm not sure I'll be able to stay motivated once I reach my initial birthday goal, but for my health, I should shoot past that to get down to 165 or so, which would be ideal given my height and body frame. But if I want to be able to actually get there, I think I'm gonna have to slow down. I don't think I can maintain this level of near constant hunger for much longer (not that I'm actually starving myself--I'm still eating 1600-2000 calories a day, but that feels like starving compared to the 3k calories I was probably eating per day before).

Comment

I am a bit late to the party, but best to start at some time. Gotta really revamp myself. Started DDPYOGA yesterday. Alot of modifications to the workouts so far. Gotta work on the eating side some time this week. Work is crazy so it will be interesting to see when I can get my workouts in. Goal is to get to 165, but I know that is a long way off.

Jan 28 - 268
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Jan 1 - 210
                    Jan 9 - 209
                    Jan 15 - 209
                    Jan 22 - 205 (yay for a stomach bug)
                    Jan 29 - 201 (having no appetite at all for that one day gave me the needed reset, so that my body wasn't so desperate to eat more food than needed, so I've been able to stick with smaller portions)

My goal was to get under 200 by my birthday, which is Feb 1, this Thursday. I think I'll be able to do that, but honestly, the only reason I was able to get there was that I caught a nasty 24 hour flu from my wife that completely eradicated my appetite for over 24 hours. The hardest part for me is always that initial transition to overeating to under-eating, so that ended up being a good way to get me on that path. However, now it is getting tougher each day to stick with that. I am again craving carbs a lot, and it is hard to keep eating to the point of being not hungry instead of what I usually do, which is eat to the point of being FULL. I'm not sure I'll be able to stay motivated once I reach my initial birthday goal, but for my health, I should shoot past that to get down to 165 or so, which would be ideal given my height and body frame. But if I want to be able to actually get there, I think I'm gonna have to slow down. I don't think I can maintain this level of near constant hunger for much longer (not that I'm actually starving myself--I'm still eating 1600-2000 calories a day, but that feels like starving compared to the 3k calories I was probably eating per day before).
                    I hope you make your goal weight by your birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I hope you make your goal weight by your birthday.
                      Thanks. I find that making smaller short term goals like this is helpful to me, but they are risky, because part of me will want to settle with just getting to that goal. I think I will get there, but I'm hoping I will stick with it after that. Heck, I worry I'll get there in the morning, and overeat at a birthday lunch to put me right back over .

Comment

1/4 284.5
                        1/8 285.8
                        1/16 284.8
                        1/29 286.8

Bah! Slow week with students in exams. Less activity at work than normal. I'm still tracking calories but as of Feb I probably need to get serious about reducing the total on a regular basis. Also need to get back to the gym. Was too tired/busy last week with meetings after work Mon/Tue.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

12/27= 224.4
                          1/2 = 223.7
                          1/9= 222.7
                          1/16= 222.3
                          1/23 =222.7-
                          1/30 = 221.0

Comment

1/2 - 229
                            1/16 - 228
                            1/23 - 227
                            1/30 - 225.4
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              1/2 - 229
                              1/16 - 228
                              1/23 - 227
                              1/30 - 225.4
                              You are kicking my butt by .2 of a pound!

I need some ice cream.

Comment

Jan 28 - 268
                                2/5 - 268

Really interesting seeing how bad I eat by using myfitnesspal. Enjoying DDPYoga, but need to try harder to get time to do this. I was only able to do it 2 times last week. Got my workout done last night.
                                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                                X