Official Sexual Harrassment Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    That'd be pretty merciful compared to 10 years in the general population of a max security prison.
    Cheaper too.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      That'd be pretty merciful compared to 10 years in the general population of a max security prison.
      I doubt that he would be put with the general population. Probably more like this:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Cosby is getting sentenced today or tomorrow. He can get as much as 30 years.

What do you want to see him get?
        Cosby will serve “no less than three years and no more than 10 years,” Judge Steven O’Neill said Tuesday, adding that the actor also must pay a fine and court costs.

Comment

• This should probably go in the hot topics section.
          WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton said Sunday that her husband’s presidential affair with Monica Lewinsky wasn’t an abuse of power — because the then-22-year-old White House intern “was an adult.”…

Seems really tone deaf on her part to me, but I know she has diehard supporters in the room.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
            This should probably go in the hot topics section.
            WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton said Sunday that her husband’s presidential affair with Monica Lewinsky wasn’t an abuse of power — because the then-22-year-old White House intern “was an adult.”…

Seems really tone deaf on her part to me, but I know she has diehard supporters in the room.
            I agree, totally tone deaf.

I'll add, though, that I think it has always been a typical wife response. My wife has told me, when I've brought this up about HRC, that if I cheated on her with one of my young college aged students, she would, of course, want to kill me, but she would also feel much more anger than compassion for the young woman who slept with her husband. I think most women, historically, if they were being honest, would feel that way, even if now, it is safer to lie and pretend they'd want to embrace a younger woman who did this with their husband and say "you poor dear." Of course, there is a difference when it comes to physical coercion or career threats/blackmail, but when we are talking about consensual affairs, even if the person is much younger and works for the older person in power, the natural response is anger and hatred, not compassion. If I found out my wife was sleeping with one of her college aged male students, I know my emotional response to that young man would not be compassion.

Comment

• How has this not been moved to the Hot Topics forum?
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                How has this not been moved to the Hot Topics forum?
                We are all in agreement that it is wrong.

Comment

We are all in agreement that it is wrong.
                  My bad. I had serious confused with controversial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                    My bad. I had serious confused with controversial.
                    You are suffering from Steve-nesia.

Comment

You are suffering from Steve-nesia.
                      U have no idea, my friend.

Comment

Cosby will serve “no less than three years and no more than 10 years,” Judge Steven O’Neill said Tuesday, adding that the actor also must pay a fine and court costs.
                        Bill Cosby was released from prison Wednesday after Pennsylvania's highest court overturned his sexual assault conviction, saying his due process rights were violated. The soon-to-be 84 year-old Cosby ended up serving just over 33 months in prison.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Bill Cosby was released from prison Wednesday after Pennsylvania's highest court overturned his sexual assault conviction, saying his due process rights were violated. The soon-to-be 84 year-old Cosby ended up serving just over 33 months in prison.
                          Almost two weeks per rape victim.

Comment

Working...
                          X