Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Masters.

Wow!!

What a great tournament. One of the best I have ever seen.

I liked everything except the winner.

Kuchar acing 16, autographing the ball, and giving it to a kid was spectacular. Of course, if I had just made about $160k on one shot, I"d be generous, too.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I was not rooting for Sergio either. But man, was that playing some golf! He certainly earned it.

That Kuchar ace and kind act is one of my favorite things I have seen in golf.

Comment

No doubt about Sergio. He's choked in similar situations before, and he nailed it this time.

Kuchar is one cool dude
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'm in a fantasy golf league - you can only pick a player 4 times in 32 weeks.

at one point on Sunday I had all 4 of my guys in the top 10:

- Jon Rahm made a triple bogey on 18 to finish about 22nd.
          - Jordan Spieth. What can I say. three late birdies to finish a cheap 11th.
          - Paul Casey made a late run and finished 6th.
          - Justin Rose. yeah.

would have had a commanding lead with a Rose win, but still moved up from 3rd to 2nd. new leader had the only Sergio out of 13 owners, and was one of us 5 Rose guys. double money, too. cha ching.

I was one of only 4 to not use a Rory pick, and he closed hard to claim 7th. that looked better earlier in the round.

if you ever see Kuchar hit a terrible shot, he yells out, "GOLLY, MATT!!" The Gomer Pyle of the Tour and a helluva nice guy.

he said he knew he'd give that ball to someone, and seeing a kid in a Sam Snead hat clinched the deal.

on a technical note, The Masters has a problem. Good for Sergio to hit a great drive in the par-5 15th and make eagle, but he hit an 8-iron on his second shot. 40 years ago, players had to struggle to clear the creek in 2 with a wood. 20 years ago, at least they had a long enough shot not to make it easy. Sergio did not get to run the gauntlet that other champions did (not that he should care).

so he's getting married in July to a Texan and former collegiate golfer. he said he's thinking about wearing the green jacket for the wedding.

if he's Catholic, I doubt the priest goes for that gimmick. maybe have some fun at the reception...
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
          X