2K23: Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    I think he's probably just up while Parra is on paternity leave (2 days or so).
    oh that makes sense. He is hitting really well in AAA but it'd still be an odd time to bring him up.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Jon Gray demoted to AAA.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Jon Gray demoted to AAA.
        He could end up having a 20 k game down there.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Surprising and not really deserved. He has had some bad luck. I imagine he will be back up soon.

Comment

His FIP is 3.18 so there has to be some bad luck here. Not sure his replacement will be any better.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Jon Gray demoted to AAA.
              Wow...I hope my Brewers can buy low on him.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Your Brewers should be backing up the truck and get deGrom.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I can only hope.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Oddly as a Mets fan I would be ok with that. Better outcome than seeing him pitch for NYY or WAS.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Jon Gray is not being banished, he's just stepping down to work on some things and get right. He's an untapped gold mine of talent; the Rockies would be fools to cut bait at this point.
                      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                        Oddly as a Mets fan I would be ok with that. Better outcome than seeing him pitch for NYY or WAS.
                        I second this. I don't want to see him traded at all, what with him being my favorite Met, but seeing him on the Yankees would be too much to bear.

Comment

Senzatela pitched a nice game last night. 7 IP 0 ER 3 H 0 BB 4 K. Of the 24 batters he faced threw 15 1st strike pitch. His AAA number before being called up were also good. Not sure if I'm buying but I'm guessing the FAAB dollars will be out in limited amounts of course.

Comment

This team is fascinating in that they have so much offensive talent on the roster and at the high level of the minors. How do tapia and dahl fit into this OF? Why is CarGo still around? The MI has a slight logjam. Ianetta has a two year deal. Wolters is beloved but cant hit and Murphy can hit but his defense has been criticized.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              This team is fascinating in that they have so much offensive talent on the roster and at the high level of the minors. How do tapia and dahl fit into this OF? Why is CarGo still around? The MI has a slight logjam. Ianetta has a two year deal. Wolters is beloved but cant hit and Murphy can hit but his defense has been criticized.
                              Agreed. So much talent all around the field. Obviously, some pieces have to move. I think, at catcher, Murphy and Wolters are their best tandem. Wolters isn't going anywhere; he's too good behind the dish. Iannetta has to go. In the OF, CarGo needs to go. I'm still convinced Tapia is 4th OF material, so he has a spot there. In the MI, what do you want, Lemahieu/Story or Hampson/Rodgers? That's tough. Either you keep your proven players and pay them or trade the older guys and hope the younger ones pan out.

They really have to move guys.

Comment

Strange that they continue to carry 3 catchers (?)

Comment

Working...
                                X