X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    That sounds awesome!!
    It was awesome.

I had some issues and shot 45-50 for a 95. My customer shot 94. But we had fun and the day was perfect for golf. The course was not crowded. It was very peaceful among the pine trees.

The TPC Sawgrass 132 yard par 3 island green was the 10th hole. Just beautiful. Good thing as I took a 6. My customer hit his pitching wedge just in front of the green, chipped on and promptly 3 putted for a 5. It just seems like it should be an easy par or bogey at worst.

I absolutely hope to get back there one more time this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Great concept...and a beautiful area. I'm breaking out the sticks this month and re-starting golfing again after about a 5-year hiatus. Will be golfing in Wisconsin Rapids in late August for a charity event.
      Very nice. I hope you will find enjoyment getting back into it.

Comment

• Lost by a stroke? Now that's what I call high-end customer golf!
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          This Thursday I will be treating a customer to 18 holes at Wisconsin's Northern Bay Resort on Castle Lake in Arkdale Wis. They have 7 replica holes from famous golf courses.

Here is a brief take from their website:

Replica Holes
          Play Golf's Legendary Holes -- In One Day! Featured in Wisconsin Golfer Magazine!

Play the most famous holes in Championship golf in one day - right here in the heart of Wisconsin! The Golf Course at Northern Bay features holes from Augusta National, TPC Sawgrass, Firestone, Oakmont, Oakland Hills, and Bay Hill. Take in the magic and play shot for shot against the pros!

The actual description of each hole is after the above blurb.

I have never played there before. Can't wait!
          It is looking like I will have another chance at this next week.

I have two customers that golf. Both are about 20 minutes apart. I asked customer #2 if he would like to play this course. He jumped at the chance so it will happen in the next couple of weeks. We are tryin to make next week work.

Comment

• so in my golf pool [insert yawn here], I am in second place - and trail by a little bit LESS than that $1.7M check that Rahm kicked away thanks to his COVID-19 positive test result a while back. so yes, that one left a mark.

BUT six more weeks, and this British Open starting tomorrow is one of two "double-money credit" events left.

four true contenders (for 3 money slots), two on the fringe, and seven 'donors' just looking to win a week here and there for a little walking-around money.

No. 1 and No. 4 will use their 3rd of 4 Rahms picks, for sure. so I'll take my 4th Rahm for the block while No. 2 (a female!) is all Rahm-ed out of picks on him.

I'm the only one of the Big Six with 2 Spieths left, and here No. 4 is out of him. so No. 1 and 3 have to decide whether to use their final Spieth here (am guessing no and yes).

I see the leader (who I have known his whole life), a 4-time champ, as a "tight" player. I don't think he will use a 4th pick on anyone this soon (because then if he only has a slight lead before the finale, we can gang up on him with those picks).

there are 2 top-tier players besides Spieth who he has played 3 times while I have only used them twice - Hatton and Cantlay. am going with Hatton as my 3rd pick. (No. 3 and 4 in same boat as me, but I wouldn't mind matching them since I am ahead).

finally, I am looking for a top-level player who should fall just out of the leader's radar. I believe that player is McIlroy.

I expect the leader to take Rahm; 2 of Koepka, DJ, JT, Reed; and a foreigner (but not Hatton or Rory; maybe Louie or Fitzpatrick or Hovland). and if No. 1 pegs the winner and I don't, I'm toast as far as trying to win this thing.
            Last edited by Judge Jude; 07-14-2021, 06:04 PM.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              so in my golf pool [insert yawn here]
              I don't know, golfing in a pool sounds extremely difficult.

Comment

• Went out for the first time in five years yesterday - a short par 31 course. Shot 38 with only one lost ball and one really chunked shot.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Went out for the first time in five years yesterday - a short par 31 course. Shot 38 with only one lost ball and one really chunked shot.
                  Way to go! That's really good. I played a regular nine last Saturday on the easy course and shot a 55. So, that wasn't great. I got the contact info for the pro at the course pretty close to my house so I think I'm going to get some lessons for the first time ever.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Went out for the first time in five years yesterday - a short par 31 course. Shot 38 with only one lost ball and one really chunked shot.
                    Outstanding!

The windmill caused the lost ball right? Kidding. That is really a nice round for such a long layoff.

Comment

Nice Chance!

My golf league playoffs start next Wednesday. We play 9 holes match play. I have to give a stroke on 5 holes, so it will be tough.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Nice Chance!

My golf league playoffs start next Wednesday. We play 9 holes match play. I have to give a stroke on 5 holes, so it will be tough.
                        You can do it!

Make sure you beat him on the 4 holes you play even up, then you only have to win one out of 5 to advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          You can do it!

Make sure you beat him on the 4 holes you play even up, then you only have to win one out of 5 to advance.
                          Thanks Gregg! This ridiculous amount of rain forced postponement of the playoffs scheduled for tonight. This has been one shitty August here weather-wise.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Going golfing on Friday at a very difficult desert course. Over/under on balls lost: 12. Over/under on score: 115.

I really need to practice or get a lesson or something. Of course, it turns out to be a good exercise in humility for me, so there's that.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Typical "holes" are par 3. ~200 feet for a casual par 3 (especially if wooded), 300-400 for a difficult/pro level par 3, 400-800 for a par 4, and there are some 1000+ par 5s.

Many casual courses are all par 3.
                              My frisbee golf buddies, a couple of whom are now top tier (over 1000) players, refer to real golf as "ball golf". For some reason I find that very annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                My frisbee golf buddies, a couple of whom are now top tier (over 1000) players, refer to real golf as "ball golf". For some reason I find that very annoying.
                                you must have missed my father's day gift:

Comment

Working...
                                X