Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    a couple of whom are now top tier (over 1000) players
    that's extremely impressive btw, there are only ~200 in the world that high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      that's extremely impressive btw, there are only ~200 in the world that high.
      Well, that makes me doubt what I said lol. I was going off of memory. Is there a place to check that stuff?
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Looks like the top guy I know is actually 990 something (996, looks like) and the other couple guys I was thinking of are around 970 or 980. My bad.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Tomorrow is our first of two rounds of the Russell Open. The second round is Saturday Morning. The course is the beautiful Kettle Hills Golf Course in Richfield WI. It is just down the street from Holy Hill Basilica and National Shrine.

The course is cut out of the glacial hills of the Kettle Moraine State Forrest. Lots of hills and woods.

The field is comprised of guys who worked in sales or engineering together 40+ years ago. The event has been going on for about 15 years. Last year it was technically cancelled but 4 of us played anyway.

Really looking forward to the two day event and Friday night dinner at The Fox and Hounds restaurant.

Comment

• Fox and Hounds....mmmmmm....yummy.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Fox and Hounds....mmmmmm....yummy.
              Bone in Ribeye with my name on it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Tomorrow is our first of two rounds of the Russell Open. The second round is Saturday Morning. The course is the beautiful Kettle Hills Golf Course in Richfield WI. It is just down the street from Holy Hill Basilica and National Shrine.

The course is cut out of the glacial hills of the Kettle Moraine State Forrest. Lots of hills and woods.

The field is comprised of guys who worked in sales or engineering together 40+ years ago. The event has been going on for about 15 years. Last year it was technically cancelled but 4 of us played anyway.

Really looking forward to the two day event and Friday night dinner at The Fox and Hounds restaurant.
                How was the event?
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• after 7 months, my golf pool finally ends this weekend.

am almost locked into second place (so doubling my money), but could finish first - or third or fourth or fifth.

might win the pool if I have the winner out of: Bryson Brooks Rory Hovland.
                  a DJ or Cantlay win, meanwhile, might knock me out of the three money slots.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• back by (not) popular demand...

Bryson shot 60 today (only making par on the last 2 holes) to grab the 36-hole lead!

Cantlay is only 1 shot back after backing a 30 on the back 9 Thursday with a 62 on Friday. but if Bison, as I call him, has a strong finish, I can beat back a Cantlay win and still claim second. I possibly had the lead during a 1-hour rain delay today, but Rahm returned for a late charge for our leader to put me back in my place for now. I need him to find a reverse gear at some point.

always kind of fun to get to the final weekend and still be in the mix, in any sport.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• entering the final day in a 30-week pool - and my Bryson is tied for the lead w Cantlay.
                      projection is I'd win if Bryson does, but otherwise no.

c'mon, you big lummox !

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        entering the final day in a 30-week pool - and my Bryson is tied for the lead w Cantlay.
                        projection is I'd win if Bryson does, but otherwise no.

c'mon, you big lummox !
                        So close.

Comment

• had a 5-shot lead on the back 9 of Round 3.

yesterday, leads by 1 shot with 2 holes left. on par-3 17th, Bryson just misses the green while Cantlay dumps it in the penalty area.
                          somehow both make bogey but still I have a 1-shot lead and Cantlay has to make a 21-footer to stay alive - so of course he does.
                          then several more Houdini moves by Cantlay before Bryson pulls one of his own.
                          Cantlay makes about a 20-footer on 6th playoff hole and Bryson yet again misses a shorter one and it's over.

earlier, it looked like I would clinch with just a Bryson solo 2nd and a Rory solo 3rd as enough to put me over the top (leader's best was a T-10th Rahm). but Sungjae Im made birdie on the last hole, not bogey, meaning I had to win the playoff.

worst bad beat of my fantasy sports life, especially losing by about one-third of the $1.7 million I'd have gotten if Rahm had not gotten a positive COVID test after 54 holes and a 6-shot lead a couple of months ago.

:

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Got to play on a country club course for the first time in my life. Mildly surprised they let riff raff like myself in, but I played one of the best rounds of my life! Birdied a par four and was within a couple inches of getting my first eagle. Not sure how new these clubs are, but the 4-hybrid is a club that I can just crush almost every time. Changed my long game an awful lot.

Comment

Working...
                            X