Scientists Claim to Have Found Evidence of ETs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhd View Post
    This figure would apply only to 2 pts relatively far away from each other in the Milky Way. The space between most solar systems in the galaxy is not expanding nearly that fast. And the gravitational attraction between the bodies in the galaxy is much greater than expansion of the space in between. This is true even re: vaster distances. The Andromeda galaxy is 2.5 million lt years away, yet, because of gravitational attraction, is moving closer to the Milky Way despite the expansion of the space in between. In fact, all of the local group of galaxies (about 40 or so in number) are estimated to be gravitationally bound w each other and eventually are expected to merge together into one giant super galaxy. Any civilizations that exist in any of these galaxies that survive the mergers conceivably are potentially contactable by us or by each other once the necessary technologies are developed.
    Maybe, but even those relatively small distances are so mind-bogglingly enormous that it seems very unlikely and expansion makes it even less likely. I mean, something traveling at the speed of light would take one hundred thousand years just to reach the edge of our galaxy. Something traveling at a more reasonable speed would take hundreds of thousands or maybe millions of generations, assuming something anywhere close to a human lifespan. If that was the case, we would expect to encounter enormous bio ships or something like that. The idea that some little flying saucer came from, well, wherever is vanishingly remote. Perhaps the big mother ship is hiding on the other side of the solar system, lying in wait until......

But yeah, the most likely explanation for all these unidentified flying object sightings is something far more benign than alien contact.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Maybe, but even those relatively small distances are so mind-bogglingly enormous that it seems very unlikely and expansion makes it even less likely. I mean, something traveling at the speed of light would take one hundred thousand years just to reach the edge of our galaxy. Something traveling at a more reasonable speed would take hundreds of thousands or maybe millions of generations, assuming something anywhere close to a human lifespan. If that was the case, we would expect to encounter enormous bio ships or something like that. The idea that some little flying saucer came from, well, wherever is vanishingly remote. Perhaps the big mother ship is hiding on the other side of the solar system, lying in wait until......

But yeah, the most likely explanation for all these unidentified flying object sightings is something far more benign than alien contact.
      Yeah, most interstellar distances are incredibly enormous. Travelling to most stars in the galaxy would be incredibly challenging, even w spectacular technological advances. But the Milky Way has 200-500 billion stars, w an average of perhaps 4-5 planets per star so there could be many civilizations w/i only a few thousand lt yrs or so. It seems conceivable that some civilizations could develop the technology to traverse those distances. What I've heard lately is that spacecraft achieving 10% of the speed of light seems feasible. Very far away from us tho rt now, as this would be about 450 times than our fastest spacecraft so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I am down to about .01% chance of all this adding up to something extraordinary, which bums me out a bit. It would be really cool is some super genius had developed some new form of propulsion or something. But all of the grainy visual evidence can be explained away so far--new radar and tracking equipment being buggy, rotating cameras, parallax etc. I still cannot completely dismiss the eye-witness testimony from what seem to be very sane and credible military personnel, but eye-witness testimony can be flawed, and there just is not enough of it at this point to be compelling.

Below is a good video that sums up all the reasons to be skeptical of the latest UFO craze. It is compelling naysayer stuff. It is still at the top of my bucket list for humanity to find compelling evidence of life beyond our current understanding, whether it be extraterrestrial or extra-dimensional. I believe this is far more out there than we can current see, but maybe that will always be the case. Every second that goes by space expands, and we see a smaller and smaller sliver of it. It bums me out, but the reality may be that there will always be more beyond out ability to see and explore than we currently can see--perhaps infinitely more. IDK. That irks me at a genetic level. I want humanity to be able to grow to perceive and understand everything, but it is unlikely to ever happen, even if we can avoid blowing ourselves up.

I found this very entertaining. Thank you for sharing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I found this very entertaining. Thank you for sharing it.
          Joe Scott puts out good content.

Comment

The New Yorker piece on the report brings it back to the likelihood that at least for some of the 144 cases studied involve phenomena not easily dismissed as balloons and such, including some that included evidence of radar jamming tech.

Quotes like this one continue to intrigue me....

"Luis Elizondo, who ran the secret Pentagon program from 2010 through his resignation in 2017, told a Canadian podcaster that if the public had access to all of the classified information, the mood would be “sombre”; some people, he added, would turn to religion for consolation."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...ufo-report/amp

Comment

I have both an E and a T on my keyboard.
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                I have both an E and a T on my keyboard.
                for now...
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  for now...
                  True, I used to have all the keys on my keyboard but then I lost the

Comment

You all have made a mockery of this fine and totally somber and fully legitimate thread I started. Our alien overlords do not approve of this tomfoolery and skylarking.

Comment

Better tomfoolery than skullduggery, I always say.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

You all have made a mockery of this fine and totally somber and fully legitimate thread I started. Our alien overlords do not approve of this tomfoolery and skylarking.
                        Lord Zola is an alien?
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

That's kind of what we do around here.
                          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                            That's kind of what we do around here.
                            That and the heavy lifting.

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X