Scientists Claim to Have Found Evidence of ETs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Amazing. So glad they’re releasing these videos now.
    Here is another video on the same thing. I am surprised there is not more discussion of this. Again, while we don't know what this stuff is, it is really big news after years of denials and cover ups that we are getting official releases of credible evidence that there are absolutely unidentified aerial phenomenon beyond our ability to explain. That is amazing. Most of the public has been conditioned to dismiss any and all videos like this as just tinfoil hat nutjob stuff. But a lot of credible military sources give credence to the idea that there are things out there that we do not understand, even after years of studying them.

For me, it reminds me of all those folks being made sick at the Havana Embassy, labeled "Havana Syndrome." We still do not know what caused that--some insist it was mass hysteria, some think it was microwave attacks. The things we think it could be seem to not fully explain them. It may be hubris on our part as Americans to assume that there is no way anyone else on the planet could develop things beyond our capabilities or understanding. The fact that the COVID bill forces a discussion on this leads me to believe military officials belief this stuff being beyond our capabilities concerns them, and the possibility such tech is in the hands of countries that might do us harm is concerning for all.

Or maybe it is aliens....I think that is wildly unlikely, but I'd love it if it were true. Evidence of intelligent life that we can communicate with from another planet is at the top of my bucket list.

Comment

Fascinating topic, but I'll believe that alien spacecraft/beings have visited Earth when:

1) I see one myself
      2) there is an alien spacecraft or being that is confirmed as such by a consensus of reputable experts available for public viewing.

I dont expect either one of these to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
        Fascinating topic, but I'll believe that alien spacecraft/beings have visited Earth when:

1) I see one myself
        2) there is an alien spacecraft or being that is confirmed as such by a consensus of reputable experts available for public viewing.

They probably don't believe in you either.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          They probably don't believe in you either.
          It's not that I dont believe in them. On the contrary, I think that, given the incomprehensible vastness of of this universe, there's got to be not only life elsewhere but intelligent life elsewhere and probably a lot of it. I just wont believe that these intelligent aliens have or are visiting Earth now unless 1 of the 2 things I mentioned happen. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and that's something that we dont have, at least not accessible to the public.

Comment

It's not that I dont believe in them. On the contrary, I think that, given the incomprehensible vastness of of this universe, there's got to be not only life elsewhere but intelligent life elsewhere and probably a lot of it. I just wont believe that these intelligent aliens have or are visiting Earth now unless 1 of the 2 things I mentioned happen. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and that's something that we dont have, at least not accessible to the public.
            That makes sense, I was just having some fun
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              That makes sense, I was just having some fun
              Yeah, I know .

Comment

We have no credible evidence of extraterrestrial life, let alone any that can get here. Meanwhile, we have 8 billion thinking beings on this planet, so my money is on some group of them. It is still incredible and humbling stuff.

Comment

1) I see one myself

The Martians are saying the exact same things as we speak.

Comment

I am down to about .01% chance of all this adding up to something extraordinary, which bums me out a bit. It would be really cool is some super genius had developed some new form of propulsion or something. But all of the grainy visual evidence can be explained away so far--new radar and tracking equipment being buggy, rotating cameras, parallax etc. I still cannot completely dismiss the eye-witness testimony from what seem to be very sane and credible military personnel, but eye-witness testimony can be flawed, and there just is not enough of it at this point to be compelling.

Below is a good video that sums up all the reasons to be skeptical of the latest UFO craze. It is compelling naysayer stuff. It is still at the top of my bucket list for humanity to find compelling evidence of life beyond our current understanding, whether it be extraterrestrial or extra-dimensional. I believe this is far more out there than we can current see, but maybe that will always be the case. Every second that goes by space expands, and we see a smaller and smaller sliver of it. It bums me out, but the reality may be that there will always be more beyond out ability to see and explore than we currently can see--perhaps infinitely more. IDK. That irks me at a genetic level. I want humanity to be able to grow to perceive and understand everything, but it is unlikely to ever happen, even if we can avoid blowing ourselves up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Every second that goes by space expands, and we see a smaller and smaller sliver of it.
                      This is why, even if there are aliens out there, we will never have any interaction with them. I mean, if the universe is infinite, then by definition there are other forms of life out there. But the expansion of the universe makes contact something close to impossible.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        This is why, even if there are aliens out there, we will never have any interaction with them. I mean, if the universe is infinite, then by definition there are other forms of life out there. But the expansion of the universe makes contact something close to impossible.
                        This is probably mainly true only re: interactions between beings from different galaxies. Within the Milky Way galaxy, contact w other intelligent creatures, if they exist, seems very possible, altho quite beyond our capabilities at present. And the expansion of space is pertains virtually only to intergalactic space, not much to the space within a particular galaxy.
                        Last edited by rhd; 06-15-2021, 10:43 AM.

Comment

This is probably mainly true only re: interactions between beings form different galaxies. Within the Milky Way galaxy, contact w other intelligent creatures, if they exist, seems very possible, altho quite beyond our capabilities at present. And the expansion of space is pertains virtually only to intergalactic space, not much to the space within a particular galaxy.
                          The Milky Way is also rapidly expanding at an estimated rate of 500 meters per second. Regardless, the massive distances and the unbelievable times required to travel those distances make me pretty skeptical. Edit: For example, even if we or some other alien race were able to broadcast a radio sound to try and attract alien species (a pretty bad idea in and of itself), the galaxy is expanding faster than the speed of sound.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I think given enough time--talking millions of years--we can get to the point of exploring our entire galaxy. But every year that I live, I become more certain that our type of intelligence is not evolutionarily beneficial. Our cumulative intelligence far outstrips our individual intelligence. We have developed the means of destroying ourselves far before we have developed the full understanding of how not to. We are additively smart, because we figured out how to store knowledge and build upon it, but individually, most of our are still pretty primitive and short-sighted. I would take the under on our species making it another 10k years. Compared to the dinosaurs, we will be a violent burst of light that blinks out, possibly before anyone else in the galaxy notices. And maybe that has been the case for most other advanced civilizations.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              The Milky Way is also rapidly expanding at an estimated rate of 500 meters per second.
                              This figure would apply only to 2 pts relatively far away from each other in the Milky Way. The space between most solar systems in the galaxy is not expanding nearly that fast. And the gravitational attraction between the bodies in the galaxy is much greater than expansion of the space in between. This is true even re: vaster distances. The Andromeda galaxy is 2.5 million lt years away, yet, because of gravitational attraction, is moving closer to the Milky Way despite the expansion of the space in between. In fact, all of the local group of galaxies (about 40 or so in number) are estimated to be gravitationally bound w each other and eventually are expected to merge together into one giant super galaxy. Any civilizations that exist in any of these galaxies that survive the mergers conceivably are potentially contactable by us or by each other once the necessary technologies are developed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                ...We have developed the means of destroying ourselves far before we have developed the full understanding of how not to...
                                The way we are going, it seems very possible, or even likely, this will happen. But I dont think that we're doomed to this fate. I think something eventually will have to be done about reducing the violent tendencies of human beings. This could be done thru genetic engineering. I'm not advocating this but at some point I think we will be forced to seriously consider this. May take a mega-catastrophe before this happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X