No announcement yet.

random stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six people are missing in the water after a cargo ship demolished the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore today.

Last edited by madducks; 03-26-2024, 08:14 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Traffic was stopped just before the cargo ship's collision with the bridge which saved a lot of lives. The missing people are from a road construction crew.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Traffic was stopped just before the cargo ship's collision with the bridge which saved a lot of lives. The missing people are from a road construction crew.

This bridge was about 25 miles from my house. I've been over it at least a couple times altho I usually take a detour around the harbor to get to the other side of Baltimore. A terrible catastrophe. Fortunately not a lot of vehicles were on the bridge at the time but my condolences to the families and friends of the occupants of those that were. If this happened because the ship lost power, that would seem to raise a lot of questions about ships.

Comment

• I just had Maruchan Ramen for lunch....I think it has been about 5 -10 years since i last feasted on this delicacy. It is everyone's cheap meal from back in the day...when was the last time you had the 39 cent meal that delivers ? It used to be like 8 for a dollar, inflation and all that.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

This bridge was about 25 miles from my house. I've been over it at least a couple times altho I usually take a detour around the harbor to get to the other side of Baltimore. A terrible catastrophe. Fortunately not a lot of vehicles were on the bridge at the time but my condolences to the families and friends of the occupants of those that were. If this happened because the ship lost power, that would seem to raise a lot of questions about ships.
            I agree to some extent...but expecting perfection from any system is unrealistic. there should be an investigation to figure out what happened and correct it, but this is clearly a very rare event.
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

I agree to some extent...but expecting perfection from any system is unrealistic. there should be an investigation to figure out what happened and correct it, but this is clearly a very rare event.
              Legal write this and you're just recycling?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

Legal write this and you're just recycling?
                Lol, they would certainly do a better job than me.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I just had Maruchan Ramen for lunch....I think it has been about 5 -10 years since i last feasted on this delicacy. It is everyone's cheap meal from back in the day...when was the last time you had the 39 cent meal that delivers ? It used to be like 8 for a dollar, inflation and all that.
                  My kids LOVE Maruchan Ramen, so I have it more often than one might otherwise expect.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

This was the first bit of info I've seen, I'm sure we will see more in the coming days.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rker-says.html
                    The Dali cargo ship which smashed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge suffered a 'severe electrical problem' while docked in Baltimore days before, according to a port worker.

Julie Mitchell, co-administrator of Container Royalty, a company which tracks cargo, told CNNthe ship was anchored at the port for at least 48 hours prior to the deadly crash.

Following the devastation, she said: 'And those two days, they were having serious power outages… they had a severe electrical problem. It was total power failure, loss of engine power, everything.'

Mitchell explained that refrigerated boxes tripped breakers on board the ship on several occasions, and mechanics had been trying to fix the issue.

She said she didn't know whether the problem had been fixed when the ship set off.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

My kids LOVE Maruchan Ramen, so I have it more often than one might otherwise expect.
                      Delicious, mostly broken, limp noodles, but it hits the spot. Going in for a another round today
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Delicious, mostly broken, limp noodles, but it hits the spot. Going in for a another round today
                        Dredging my big ladle through the pot of ramen to fill a bowl with steaming noodles is an experience to remember.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

Dredging my big ladle through the pot of ramen to fill a bowl with steaming noodles is an experience to remember.
                          Drained many bowls ,liquid gold is that Maruchan Ramen

​​​​​
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Drained many bowls ,liquid gold is that Maruchan Ramen

​​​​​
                            I first read this as drained my bowels...

Comment

• Peyton Manning Throws a Football to Chris Carter from a New York Skyscraper:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X