Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when dogs get their own yearbook photo

Comment

we're in the midst of a provincial election campaign up here ... the leading party has been the conservative party who is led by Doug Ford, brother of former Toronto mayor Rob Ford ... which has led to this great sign spotted recently ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        we're in the midst of a provincial election campaign up here ... the leading party has been the conservative party who is led by Doug Ford, brother of former Toronto mayor Rob Ford ... which has led to this great sign spotted recently ...

That is...spectacular.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Cthulhu thinks Zod's campaign is weak

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Came across an interesting piece of tech... maybe we could use this in here one day...

"...Using the tagged threads, [researchers] then trained a [machine-learning] system to predict from the first comment if a [online] conversation was going to go south...An AI that predicts a conversation’s trajectory could help companies (cough, Twitter, cough) build tools that stop a fight or salvage online dialogue."

https://www.technologyreview.com/the...ore-it-starts/
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

but what if the conversations that go south were started by russian AI bots? that would make it easy for them to predict!

..it's just a ploy to throw us off that we are really just guinea pig's in a massive Turing test.

epic tug of war the one that had his carrot taken then jumps when he gets another one. ..also where are they going with their carrots? is there some guinea pig terrace where you are supposed to eat while overlooking the back yard?

Comment

The Mummy is coming.

Archaeological digs around ancient Egyptian sites still have plenty of secrets to give up yet – like the huge, black granite sarcophagus just discovered at an excavation in the city of Alexandria, on the northern coast of Egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  "It's five meters underground and the whole thing weighs over 30 tons. The lid alone is 15 tons."

..it has to be heavy to keep the supernatural demigod contained.

Comment

11 year old Toby Lee doing a tribute to Prince:

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                      "It's five meters underground and the whole thing weighs over 30 tons. The lid alone is 15 tons."

..it has to be heavy to keep the supernatural demigod contained.
                      It's all okay ...

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        It's all okay ...
                        I think that is what the Nazi said right before his face melted in Indiana Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                          I think that is what the Nazi said right before his face melted in Indiana Jones.
                          Shouldn't we have Dwayne Johnson on hand... just in case?
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Doubling electrical costs, Donald Trump, state of their military, dismal World Cup, another set of elections...all are present German problems.

But this is the REAL German problem: http://fortune.com/2018/07/24/german...bottle-crisis/

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Doubling electrical costs, Donald Trump, state of their military, dismal World Cup, another set of elections...all are present German problems.

But this is the REAL German problem: http://fortune.com/2018/07/24/german...bottle-crisis/
                              Seems like the free market could fix that one - increase the refund amount you get back when you turn in a bottle and you'll get more bottles back.

Comment

LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X