No announcement yet.

random stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Kluber won two Cy Young awards. This is more shocking to me than Lindsey Buckingham singing holiday road. Crazy stuff
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
      The rag-doll AI bots are back! This time, there are 2 of them and they learn to play table tennis. The hilarity begins at 3:27:

They may be the most spastic creatures you've ever seen, but they never give up. They continue playing even after collapsing on the ground!

How long before we have professional AI robot competitions featuring competing AI programmer teams?
      These are always entertaining... maybe I should have watched the previous 2, but would have liked more analysis of why they thought the ragdolls were making some of the moves they were.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

Wow, really? I like that song. My oldest son also sang it in a school play awhile back.

Here's two bits of trivia I recently stumbled upon and found to be mind-blowing:

1 - Victor Conte of BALCO infamy, perhaps the architect of the biggest doping scandal in sports history, is neither a doctor nor a pharmacist. But what he is, in fact, is a world-class bass guitarist who played in the 1970s and 1980s with Herbie Hancock's backup band and with the Tower of Power.

2 - In the mid-1960s Chevy Chase attended Bard College and was an avid drummer. He joined a band called "The Leather Canary" alongside two classmates, but deemed it a "bad jazz band" that "wasn't going anywhere" and left soon thereafter. Those two classmates, Donald Fagen and Walter Becker, went on to found Steely Dan a few years later and the rest is history.
        Here's one that I just found out about:

While watching the documentary "I Am Chris Farley", I noticed a familiar face performing at an improv theater alongside Farley back in the early 80's. It was a young Bob Odenkirk, who in more recent years played Saul Goodman on "Breaking Bad" and "Better Call Saul". Odenkirk later worked as a writer for SNL before becoming a star in the two AMC TV shows. So, Saul Goodman started out doing improv with Chris Farley.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Something else that I just found out:

Cassandra Peterson aka "Elvira, Mistress of the Dark," played the biker chick in "Pee Wee's Big Adventure."

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

Here's one that I just found out about:

While watching the documentary "I Am Chris Farley", I noticed a familiar face performing at an improv theater alongside Farley back in the early 80's. It was a young Bob Odenkirk, who in more recent years played Saul Goodman on "Breaking Bad" and "Better Call Saul". Odenkirk later worked as a writer for SNL before becoming a star in the two AMC TV shows. So, Saul Goodman started out doing improv with Chris Farley.
            So, at the new theatre I work at in Tucson, it took me 3 shows to realize that our Costumer, Kathy Odenkirk, was indeed Bob's sister. For some reason I never made the connection until someone else mentioned it.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• This one starts out slow but gets better as it goes along.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I thought this was interesting seeing how many celebrities had guest appearances on the original Miami Vice. Some of them weren't even famous yet.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Shannon and Stetson Parker were riding a train in southwest Colorado when they saw a furry figure in the mountains, leading to claims of a Bigfoot.

Comment

• She don't care about my car
                    She don't care about my money
                    And that's real good cause I don't got alot to spend
                    But if I did it wouldn't mean nothin'​

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Here's an audio clip of WWF wrestler Randy "Macho Man" Savage in the Reds Radio Booth with Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall during a September 21, 1989 game.

I didn't realize that "The Macho Man" was a catcher/outfielder in the Cardinals' and Reds' organizations from 1971-1974. He played 289 games over four minor league seasons, batting .254 with 16 home runs and 129 RBI.

Last edited by madducks; 10-12-2023, 05:55 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Reds owner Marge Schott wasn't amused and ordered that "The Macho Man" be removed from the booth, causing animosity from almost everyone.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Hot Wheels races on an empty water slide​.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Diecast Racing with hilarious announcers and sound effects make this one a lot of fun to watch. Clocking in at over two hours long, it's too much to consume with just one viewing. But, it's entertaining enough to revisit for shorter viewings.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Clark Griswold has got nothing on this guy:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Thank you for posting this. It was a lot of fun...Especially the first two songs.

Comment

Working...
                                X