RIP Prince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Alright, totally forgot that Little Red Corvette was in 1983...how time flies when you're having fun.

The latest top 40 hit domestically I could find was 2004....Call my Name.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he has at least one more future hit with the amount of unreleased songs reported to be in his vault.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Forgive me pls if someone else already posted this but I found this YT video of a guy I'd never heard of but who is apparently somewhat famous in his own right (Kevin Smith) who described his experience in doing a "documentary" about Prince at his Paisley Palace in Minnesota. It's pretty funny and shows some different sides of Prince that perhaps many dont know about.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I had planned on watching only a few minutes of this but it was so interesting and amusing that I couldnt stop and ended up viewing the whole thing.
      All you motherfuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little, whiny bitches. Once we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax fucks who is makin' the movie... we're gonna make them eat our shit, then shit out our shit, and then eat their shit that's made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you motherfucks are next. Love- Jay and Silent Bob.
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

that Kevin Smith talk was awesome. what a great storyteller!
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Man, the early 90s were 25 years ago. :mind blown:
          Agreed. It seems like yesterday...
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Fans will soon be able to tour Prince's Paisley Park home and studio.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/24/news...commended_pool

"Fans can start buying tickets this Friday at 3 p.m. ET for tours that begin on Oct. 3. The home is in Chanhassen, Minn., about 30 minutes outside of Minneapolis. The tickets are available online.

Tickets will cost $38.50, according to the business plan on file with local zoning board. Tours will last just over an hour and be limited to 25 to 30 guests at a time, which means about 1,500 to 2,000 visitors a day at peak periods. VIP tours of smaller groups will be available for $100 or more per head. Graceland Holdings, which has run the tours at Elvis Presley's Memphis home since 1982, will participate in the management of the tours."
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Paisley Park opened it's doors to the public on Thursday.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/entert...gin/index.html

"Additional tours will be held Saturday and on Friday, October 14.
              In December, The Chanhassen City Council will consider a request to rezone Paisley Park so it can operate as a museum and offer daily tours."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

i think raspberry beret is my favorite because it's so annoying. ..i wasn't a prince guy but i don't think there's a bad song on the when doves cry album. i like the song I would die for you, it's romantic in a cute way.

one time at work we got a call that one of the stores had the same 3 music tracks that was repeating. i joked that one of the songs was raspberry beret and the other 2 were michael bolton songs, but the store couldn't tell if the michael bolton songs were in fact the same repeating songs or they just sounded the same. so i asked if the company had a michael bolton expert so we could try to fix the problem.

..but if you're ever gonna have a song stuck playing over and over, my moneys on raspberry beret.

Comment

Minnesota now has it's own "Graceland".

"In a unanimous vote Monday evening, the Chanhassen City Council voted to re-zone Paisley Park as a permanent museum."

"Since his death it had been open to the public for limited tours for just three days as part of a temporary agreement with the city. "

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/25/entert...commended_pool

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I thought i already posted this awesome cover but i couldn't find it. Maybe i did. Posting Prince videos is like playing "Whack a mole" with the youtube censors. It's a never ending cycle of posted/deleted/re-posted videos.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Prince the blues guitarist. Love how he asks Johnny Lang to join him on stage at 2:03 but Johnny wants no part of playing next to Prince lol.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Great Prince story:

Found some more funny Prince stories.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Comedian Arnez J has a weird but funny story about Prince. Story starts at 1:16.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Former NBA player's story about renting out his LA mansion to Prince.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• A previously unreleased Prince album that was recorded in 2010 is scheduled to be released on July 30.

Amazon Editorial Review

Recorded in the spring of 2010 and then mysteriously abandoned by Prince before its release, the statement album 'Welcome 2 America' documents Prince’s concerns, hopes, and visions for a shifting society, presciently foreshadowing an era of political division, disinformation, and a renewed fight for racial justice. The album features some of Prince's only studio collaborations with the bassist Tal Wilkenfeld, drummer Chris Coleman, and engineer Jason Agel, with additional contributions from New Power Generation singers Shelby J, Liv Warfield, and Elisa Fiorillo and keyboardist Morris Hayes, who Prince also recruited to co-produce the album.
                                Here's a great Rolling Stone Magazine read about the album and the musicians.
                                http://https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/prince-welcome-2-america-lost-album-oral-history-1192233/

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X