Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have there been issues with the site lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have there been issues with the site lately?

It seems I have had occasional issues accessing this site. Once it was the site couldnt be found, another was something about access limits.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

It has to do with spiders attacking the site and increasing the usage. When the usage data exceeds our limits, the site host shuts down the site until it can be corrected. Jason is working on this.

Comment

some chick with a nice rack at GoDaddy.com keeps suggesting I use her services
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I've been working with them to block the crawlers completely. A big part of the issue was we are running 4.2.1 of vBulletin so I'm paying for them to upgrade us to 4.2.3. That should give us the updated code & fixes vBulletin has put into play and hopefully reduce everything. Since we're paid up with this host for the year with premium support, I'd prefer to stay put.

I've looked into migrating to vBulletin cloud hosting as they have a similar rate with support or lesser support and a migration surcharge to go with a cheaper monthly hosting plan. That's my next move if things don't improve.

Comment

We are upgraded to version 4.2.3.

Comment

Working...
          X