Official Baseball In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Chuckie will be less fondly remembered in Milwaukee, for Chuckie hacks on 2 and 0.
    For this non-Milwaukee fan, I remember him more fondly for it!

Comment

• Hall of Fame pitcher Gaylord Perry died this morning at age 84. RIP.

Comment

• Curt Simmons, a pitcher who had 193 career wins from 1947-1967, died at age 93. RIP.

Comment

• Tom Browning, a pitcher for the Reds from 1984-1994 who won 20 games as a rookie and threw a perfect game in 1988, died at age 62. RIP.

Denny Doyle, a utility infielder for the Phillies, Angels and Red Sox from 1970-1977 and brother of Brian Doyle, died at age 78. RIP.

Comment

• Padres legend Nate Colbert, a 3x All Star 1B who once hit 5 HRs and 13 RBIs in a 1972 doubleheader vs. Atlanta, died at age 76. RIP.

Comment

• I never realized that Nate Colbert retired at age 30. Apparently, back problems ended his career early.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bill Campbell, an All Star reliever who had a 15-yr career and led the AL in saves in 1977, died at age 74. RIP.

Comment

• Lee Tinsley, an OFer who had a 5yr career with the Red Sox and Mariners in the mid-1990s, died at age 53. RIP.

Comment

• Frank Thomas (not that Frank Thomas), an original Met who hit 286 HRs over 16 seasons, died at age 93. RIP.

Comment

• 4x All-Star 3B Sal Bando died at age 78. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        4x All-Star 3B Sal Bando died at age 78. RIP.
                        Everyone remembers Catfish and Reggie. I remember guys named Rudi, Bando, Fingers, and Campaneris.
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          Everyone remembers Catfish and Reggie. I remember guys named Rudi, Bando, Fingers, and Campaneris.
                          Fingers is in the hall of Fame, fairly certain others have heard about him and lots of other 70's Oakland A's
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Fingers is in the hall of Fame, fairly certain others have heard about him and lots of other 70's Oakland A's
                            Reggie and Catfish played for Steinbrenner's Yankees.
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Gary Peters, the 1963 AL Rookie of the Year who had a 3.25 ERA over 2080 IP for the White Sox & Red Sox from 1959 to 1972, died at age 85. RIP.

Comment

• John Adams, the Cleveland Indians/Guardians superfan who sat at the top of the left center field bleachers and drummed at home games for 50 years died on January 30 at age 71. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X