Harry's Cigar Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I will look for it saw an acylium sampler online today but it didn't contain the Insidious. Will keep looking BTW I bought a new sampler from a pretty excellent Cuban Cigar guy, Hirochi Robaina. My friend bought the sampler and said it was excellent, the Maduro especially. right now they're less than 3 bucks a stick so an easy price point for trying them out. I just put them in the humidor so i won't smoke one till next week, I'll let you know what I think and will keep looking for the Insidious.

If you're inclined--here's the info on the Hirochis.

The Hirochi Robaina Flight Sampler includes:
    5 - Coopera Connecticut By Hirochi Robaina Toro (6.0” x 52)
    5 - Coopera Maduro By Hirochi Robaina Toro (6.0” x 52)
    5 - Coopera Habano By Hirochi Robaina Toro (6.0” x 52)

40 bucks on CI

Enjoy your smoke!
    Thank you. I did enjoy the smoke.

I will check out your recommendations next time I go to Neumans Cigar Shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Thank you. I did enjoy the smoke.

I will check out your recommendations next time I go to Neumans Cigar Shop.
      They may not be available publicly yet, let me know if you find them. I'm working on finding the insidious, my other cigar pal confirmed your recommendation.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

BTW just picked up a Thompson Cherrywood 200+ ct Humidor, excellent condition on offer up for 50 bucks. Came with 2 cutters, cigar scissors, a quality metal cigar saver and a nice 5 ct metal herf. It's a deep box with a top shelf unlike my other on which have several separate drawers. Looking forward to filling that one as well.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

My 5 pack of Insidious just arrived, should be smokable by the weekend--I'll let you know how it turns out.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

My 5 pack of Insidious just arrived, should be smokable by the weekend--I'll let you know how it burns out.
            fixed
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Tried the Asylum Insidious Connecticut Toro last night. Very smooth, lite with some pepper and nuttiness. Smooth draw, burned very even and slow, stayed cool (ashed well) One question, which cut do you use> V, Punch or Straight? I have a perfect cut cutter, but it takes a lot of the cap off. I assume a V or even a smaller punch would give you more of the sweetness on the cap...Thoughts Gregg?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Tried the Asylum Insidious Connecticut Toro last night. Very smooth, lite with some pepper and nuttiness. Smooth draw, burned very even and slow, stayed cool (ashed well) One question, which cut do you use> V, Punch or Straight? I have a perfect cut cutter, but it takes a lot of the cap off. I assume a V or even a smaller punch would give you more of the sweetness on the cap...Thoughts Gregg?
                Glad you liked the stick.

The last few I have used the V and it does preserve more of the sweetness. That said I really like the tobacco blend so if I lose the sweetness it is no big deal. Love the perfect cut for this cigar. Large volume of smoke is good!

Prefer both of these to the punch. I have even been known to bite the cap off with no issue.

Comment

Glad you liked the stick.

The last few I have used the V and it does preserve more of the sweetness. That said I really like the tobacco blend so if I lose the sweetness it is no big deal. Love the perfect cut for this cigar. Large volume of smoke is good!

Prefer both of these to the punch. I have even been known to bite the cap off with no issue.
                  I avoided the punch as one was too small and the other might take too much of the cap PC was just fine, opens it up for a very easy draw. I bought 5 so I have 4 left, I'll try a V cut next time though that's not my fav cut. I'll keep you posted as I try new stuff, I've got several to tide me over. Thanks again for the tip!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Tried the Undercrown 10, got it in the freestyle promo pack.

Excellent stick, best I've ever had--decent price point at 10 bucks BnM.

I got 3 of em a Xicar cutter, a 5 count travel humi and lighter for 40 bucks.

the sticks alone were worth it, but the Cutter is a 50 buck item and the humi, 20--excellent return. PLUS the stick, they were outstanding. I have one left--saving it for RJEL finish line celebration.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Tried the Undercrown 10, got it in the freestyle promo pack.

Excellent stick, best I've ever had--decent price point at 10 bucks BnM.

I got 3 of em a Xicar cutter, a 5 count travel humi and lighter for 40 bucks.

the sticks alone were worth it, but the Cutter is a 50 buck item and the humi, 20--excellent return. PLUS the stick, they were outstanding. I have one left--saving it for RJEL finish line celebration.
                      Thanks for the tip. My local shop has Drew Estate items so maybe they carry Undercrown 10?

I will check it out next week.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. My local shop has Drew Estate items so maybe they carry Undercrown 10?

I will check it out next week.
                        If they carry DE, they should--it may be a bit more there, they run 10-15 at varied cigar shops, though if you like them you can order through DE online for a better price.

It's very strong, but tasty.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                        X