Hacko
    Controller J
    Joncarlos
    Oakland A's
    Off_The_Wall
    DMT
    mjl
    Long John
    Mr Squidward (if we can lure him out of his Buddhist retreat)
    B-Fly (no chance of course, but would be nice)
    Riff Raff (he made a reappearance recently right?)
    Knuckleballer (?)
    Nate Berkenstock (was this another Scott smurf account?)
    TheGirl (Heyelander connection right ... very unlikely I imagine?)

Maybe get some new blood ... I almost never go to the baseball parts of the forum anymore ... maybe there are some baseball regulars who would get a kick out of this?

----------------------------

This is the format of the last draft ... I don't really remember doing this LOL

VD8 - Player Pool: 1920-1969 (best year decides)
    VD7 -
    Player Pool: 1970 to present (best year decides)

I guess we planned to do the 1870-1920 draft next before the gap?

VD6 - Standard decades draft, 4 KO's
    VD5 - Letter/Decades combo draft
    VD4 - Standard Letters
    VD3 -
    Standard Letters
    VD2 - Standard Decades
    VD1 - Letters (additive scoring)
    Last edited by johnnya24; 07-29-2015, 08:41 PM.

Have to tell ya, the continued tinkering and re-inventing the wheel really turned me off to Vintage Drafting. I've not really been enamored with it since we dumped 162 average and went to best year.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
      Have to tell ya, the continued tinkering and re-inventing the wheel really turned me off to Vintage Drafting. I've not really been enamored with it since we dumped 162 average and went to best year.
      Damn ... you hold grudges a long time! That was like 2008.

The peak year format I am trying to set up for a future draft should appease your salty demands ... and you are welcome to help input the data

I might be interested in getting a "Peak Years Draft" together if I could find a little help correlating the stats.

I did all the main hitters ("A-Z), and a more complete list up to "H"

The idea was that instead of drafting a best year for each player, you would draft a 3 or 5 year consecutive peak period (the average of those years). I was setting up the SS to do both 3 and 5 year peak drafts. But it's kind of labour intensive, as the inputing has to be done manually (lots of pasta)

Comment

I've never done a 162 average draft, and I think I've been in every one since 2004!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          I've never done a 162 average draft, and I think I've been in every one since 2004!
          I think it was the first 1 or 2 we did ... maybe 3. So yeah, maybe before 2004!

Comment

Also, you haven't said if you're Flynn or Walt Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

In Like Flynn At Breakfast Time:

Feral Slasher
              Revo
              Diablo
              Johnny
              Heyelander
              Frae

The usual suspects from the new site drafts:

Seitzer
              Pogues
              TS Garp
              SDS
              Hacko
              Controller J
              Joncarlos
              Oakland A's
              Off_The_Wall
              DMT
              mjl
              Long John
              Mr Squidward
              B-Fly (no chance of course)
              Riff Raff (he made a reappearance recently right?)
              Knuckleballer (?)

Maybe get some new blood ... I almost never go to the baseball parts of the forum anymore ... maybe there are some baseball regulars who would get a kick out of this?

----------------------------

This is the format of the last draft ... I don't really remember doing this LOL

VD8 - Player Pool: 1920-1969 (best year decides)
              VD7 -
              Player Pool: 1970 to present (best year decides)

I guess we planned to do the 1870-1920 draft next before the gap?

VD6 - Standard decades draft, 4 KO's
              VD5 - Letter/Decades combo draft
              VD4 - Standard Letters
              VD3 -
              Standard Letters
              VD2 - Standard Decades
              VD1 - Letters (additive scoring)
              what about Nate Berkenstock and TheGirl ?
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think it was the first 1 or 2 we did ... maybe 3. So yeah, maybe before 2004!
                4 was my first and I'm pretty sure it was 162.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

was that the last time you were relevant in the standings?

Comment

Damn ... you hold grudges a long time! That was like 2008.

The peak year format I am trying to set up for a future draft should appease your salty demands ... and you are welcome to help input the data
                    Grudge? No. For me, it no longer was fun, taken over by unnecessary over-complication. And over-complication means a higher time commitment. And with the demands of the time limit and some who go nuts because of the time limit being pushed to the max by some (like me) I just end up getting irritated at the draft.

So, I'll look at what the draft will be before I decide if I'm Flynn or Walt Jr. Whatever the hell that means.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      was that the last time you were relevant in the standings?
                      Beats me. It's possible, but I think I had a few higher finishes with the best seasons. Does anyone have any records? I have a few.

Comment

Grudge? No. For me, it no longer was fun, taken over by unnecessary over-complication. And over-complication means a higher time commitment. And with the demands of the time limit and some who go nuts because of the time limit being pushed to the max by some (like me) I just end up getting irritated at the draft.

So, I'll look at what the draft will be before I decide if I'm Flynn or Walt Jr. Whatever the hell that means.
                        I wasn't being serious.

I can provide a separate SS for easy sorting. Once you get a basic ranking formula copy pasted, it's often pretty obvious what your options are.

When I was time pressed in previous VDs, I would commit very early to a hard punt strategy in order to reduce my options and make the picks more obvious. After halfway, you could go into auto pilot.
                        Last edited by johnnya24; 07-29-2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't being serious either... pretty sure you've finished above me nearly every time you've played. And by the transitive property, above Frae.

Comment

I need to re-edit so many posts I make from my mobile. I can't even see the errors half the time.

Comment

I need to re-edit so many posts I make from my mobile. I can't even see the errors half the time.
                              try breaking your screen in 30 places and see if it helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X