Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the Mrs. brings home a mannequin and.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Mrs. brings home a mannequin and.....

Mrs Judge has been re-selling clothes on ebay, much of it old stuff she no longer wears but also at times with a friend they go to church sales or outlet stores.

She's making decent money for not a ton of effort, and her more advanced friend says YOU NEED TO BUY A MANNEQUIN like she did because women are more likely to buy the dress if they see how nice it looks and you can add a matching piece, jewelry -even shoes.

It arrives yesterday, and a little creepy coming in body parts - the head even had its own separate box. Felt for a moment like a Criminal Minds episode....

Especially since we don't have kids, it was funny how difficult we found at first to "dress her" at first (she's been given the name Mandy Quinn).

Only after the entire outfit is on do I realize that, especially from the back but also if she's wearing a hat, she waitforwaitforitwaitforit LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE MY LAST GIRLFRIEND before I got married.

This was a tall, leggy woman who people would constantly tells her she looks exactly like Shelley Long's daughter if the ex-Cheers star has one. Mandy is 6-feet tall, slightly taller than the ex.

There's nothing emotional about this - that relationship was 20+ years ago and I've been married for 17 years. But:

a) it's weird what Mandy looks like

b) it's weird to walk in to see anyone so lifelike "standing there" as you enter.

To add to this bizarre tale, I met both of these women in Chicago on Cubs game weekends - three years apart - and each was a 24-yr-old blonde Yankees fan at the time. At first I was thinking "Uh, I loved the first movie but the sequel is rarely as good." This was an exception obviously!

As a kicker, a few months ago when my wife got her hair done, someone told her "Hey, you look like that woman on 'Modern Family.'"

Yeah, Julie Bowen - whose mom on the show is..... yeah, Shelley Fucking Long.

And NO, I was not dumb enough to mention any of this to the Mrs (though she's not the jealous type and might well laugh. But why take a chance?)

Thoughts?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Does she read your posts here?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

My first thought is... you're going to attempt to bring Mandy to life. Not now, but someday.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

yowza

just walked out from the bathroom back to the living room and - another doubletake. Mandy's wearing a metallic top, short black skirt, and strappy heels and looks to be walking away. maybe it would help if I took her head off once her modeling is done for the day?

read my posts here?
        she doesn't even read my front-page stories.

but I kind of like that about her. She's got her own cartoon-character life...

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Depersonalizing women is the first step to becoming a serial killer
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Comment

I am betting Mrs. Judge knows more about your ex than you know. In fact that new guest is probably her covered in plastic.

Sleep well my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                Depersonalizing women is the first step to becoming a serial killer
                beat me to it, I was thinking along the same lines.

Then again, this would make for a great movie plot, so let's see where this goes ...
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Resist any urge to share those thoughts.

Suggest trading Mandy in for a new friend, such as Annette O'Mannequin.

If you wake up with any part of Mandy in the bed with you, run. Just run.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    I am betting Mrs. Judge knows more about your ex than you know. In fact that new guest is probably her covered in plastic.

Sleep well my friend.
                    The Mrs does keep having the arms fall off as she works. I didn't really get why she put a bra on Mandy under the blouse, either (yes, really).

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      The Mrs does keep having the arms fall off as she works. I didn't really get why she put a bra on Mandy under the blouse, either (yes, really).

She doesn't want you looking at or touching the plastic breasts.

Comment

This sounds like the beginning of a great Blog.......
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

My thoughts are that this made my day.

And I can't believe no one has mentioned this:
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

This is by far the weirdest thread that JJ ever started.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              This is by far the weirdest thread that JJ ever started.
                              I'm trying to expand the brand!

Maybe I should emphasize that the entire post is true. It DOES seem hard to believe, I'll admit....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                              X