No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CW McCall, an ad exec turned singer who was a one-hit wonder with "Convoy" in 1976, died at age 93. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      CW McCall, an ad exec turned singer who was a one-hit wonder with "Convoy" in 1976, died at age 93. RIP.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Estelle Harris best known for playing George Costanza’s mother on Seinfeld, dies at 93. RIP.

Comment

• Crooner Bobby Rydell passed away at age 79. RIP.

Comment

• I hope it's a hoax, but Gilbert Gottfried's Twitter just announced his passing after a "long illness." The comedy world is just getting pounded lately.

Gilbert's rendition of The Aristocrats is maybe the best telling of it ever (well, next to Saget's). Dude was never afraid to try and make people laugh, often at the expense of his own career (post 9/11, Japan tsunami, etc).

RIP

Comment

• Not a hoax...

But treat yourself to this...love this guy:

Comment

• Ugh, Gilbert Gottfried was so great. I just recently got into his podcast. Loved the J. Elvis Weinstein episode. The character impersonations were pretty hilarious. Noticed they'd been airing re-broadcasts lately. The Steven Wright one aged particularly poorly with some horrible Caitlyn Jenner jokes, but that's what happens with lazy and edgy comedy. It's quickly outdated.

My first exposure as a child of the 90's was the Problem Child movies, then of course Aladdin. Always a standout. RIP
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• New York Islander legend Mike Bossy died of cancer today at age 65. RIP.

Comment

• Just two weeks after George Costanza's TV mom Estelle Harris died, Jerry's TV mom, Liz Sheridan died at age 93.

Comment

• Arthur Rupe, record producer and 2011 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee, who is credited with launching the career of Rock and Roll pioneer Little Richard and helping make R&B a mainstream genre of music. He eventually started his own record label, Specialty Records, which would go on to feature many artists, including Roy Milton, Percy Mayfield, Joe and Jimmy Liggins, Lloyd Price, Little Richard, and Sam Cooke. Rupe was 104 years old. RIP.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Robert Morse, an actor for over 60 years whose most well known role was Bert Cooper on Mad Men, died at age 90. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Robert Morse, an actor for over 60 years whose most well known role was Bert Cooper on Mad Men, died at age 90. RIP.
                          Really liked him in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.

Comment

• One week after Mike Bossy passed another legend Guy Lafleur has died at the age of 70.

Comment

• Legendary NBA Hall of Famer Bob Lanier died at age 73. RIP.

Comment

• Longtime actor Fred Ward, best known for Tremors, The Right Stuff and Remo Williams, died at age 79.

Comment

Working...
                                X