No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vangelis, an Oscar winning composer who’s best known song is the theme from “Chariots of Fire,” died at age 79. RIP.

Comment

• Ray Liotta, famous portrayer of Henry Hill and Shoeless Joe, gone at the age of 67. RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Ray Liotta, famous portrayer of Henry Hill and Shoeless Joe, gone at the age of 67. RIP
        He died in his sleep in the Dominican Republic, where he was shooting the film "Dangerous Waters," according to the report.

Comment

Ray Liotta, famous portrayer of Henry Hill and Shoeless Joe, gone at the age of 67. RIP
          Horrible. GoodFellas is my favorite movie, and last week I just watched it for like the 50th time with my son, who had never seen it. Just yesterday, Layla was playing on the radio (which is not coincidentally my favorite song) and I heard in my mind Liotta's voice: "by the time they found Carbone hanging in the meat locker, he was so frozen solid they had to thaw him out for 3 days to do the autopsy. Still, I've never seen Jimmy so happy...." IMO this is the greatest movie scene ever.

Comment

Shit, he was so damn good. I just saw his breakout performance in Something Wild, recently. He was fantastic playing his usual type of unpredictable psycho.

RIP.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Andy Fletcher, drummer and founding member of Depeche Mode, died at age 60. RIP

Comment

• Alan White, drummer for Yes also passed away
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Legendary European-based jockey Lester Piggott, who won the Epsom Derby a record 9 times, died at age 86. RIP.

Comment

• Bon Jovi bassist Alec John Such died from unknown causes at age 70. RIP.

Comment

• Jim Seals, one half of the 1970s soft rock duo "Seals & Crofts" died at age 79. RIP.

Comment

• James Caan, known for his many roles including Sonny Corleone and Brian Piccolo, died on Wednesday at the age of 82. No cause was given and Caan's family, who requests privacy, said that no further details would be released at this time.

Comment

• Sad to read this.

Really enjoyed a lot of his movies.

Comment

• Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe was assassinated while giving a campaign speech late last night.

Larry Storch, an actor best known for playing Corporal Agarn on F-Troop, died at the ripe old age of 99. RIP.

Gregory Itzin, a character actor best known as 24's villainous President Logan, died at age 74. RIP

Comment

• Tony Sirico aka Paulie Walnuts, gone Friday at age 79. dammit.

Comment

• Ivana Trump, ex-wife of Donald Trump, mother of Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump, has died at age 73. RIP.
                                Last edited by madducks; 07-14-2022, 04:10 PM.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X