No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP John Madden. Hard to believe he was done coaching at 42.

Comment

• Harry Reid, the Democrat and former Senate Majority Leader, has died at 82.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Betty White just 18 days short of her 100th birthday...she was special..RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
          Betty White just 18 days short of her 100th birthday...she was special..RIP
          Just yesterday while waiting in line at the Grocery store one of the rag mag's headlines was Happy 100th to Betty White. I thought good for her these last few years went fast. She is special and will be missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
            Betty White just 18 days short of her 100th birthday...she was special..RIP
            per a post on reddit I read just now, Babe Ruth hit 552 home runs after Betty White was born.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Oscar nominated director Peter Bogdanovich, who was also known for his acting work on The Sopranos, died at age 82. RIP.

Comment

• Oscar-winning actor Sidney Poitier, the first African-American major movie star, died at age 94. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Oscar-winning actor Sidney Poitier, the first African-American major movie star, died at age 94. RIP.
                  Such a major figure in African-American entertainment history. Great story how he came to this country. Starred in so many great movies, e.g. "The Defiant Ones", "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner", "Raisin in the Sun" and many others. He also was in the original "Cry the Beloved Country". RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    Such a major figure in African-American entertainment history. Great story how he came to this country. Starred in so many great movies, e.g. "The Defiant Ones", "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner", "Raisin in the Sun" and many others. He also was in the original "Cry the Beloved Country". RIP.
                    To Sir, With Love!

Comment

• Bob Saget was found dead in a hotel room at age 65. RIP.

Dwayne Hickman, TV’s “Dobie Gillis,” died at age 87. RIP.

Michael Lang, concert promoter and co-creator of Woodstock, died at age 77. RIP.

Comment

• RIP Ronnie Spector
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Bob Saget was found dead in a hotel room at age 65. RIP.
                          Just watched Jimmy Kimmel's opening monologue to Bob Saget and it's, just, wow. I encourage everyone to watch it, but know it's unbelievably emotional. Saget was one of those rare few people who everyone seemed to absolutely adore. RIP Mr. Saget.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I was saddened to learn that Les Grobstein has passed away at 69 years old.

Grobstein's career covering Chicago sports spanned 50 years, most recently serving as a weeknight overnight host on 670 The Score,

Cannot drive home late at night without hearing the Grobber on sports talk radio. It is hard to believe his time with us is over. You will be missed Les.

Comment

• French actor Gaspard Ulliel, best known for playing Hannibal Lecter in "Hannibal Rising," has died at the age of 37 after a skiing accident in southeastern France. RIP.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                French actor Gaspard Ulliel, best known for playing Hannibal Lecter in "Hannibal Rising," has died at the age of 37 after a skiing accident in southeastern France. RIP.
                                He's also the main villain in Marvel's newest show, Moon Knight. Terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X