*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Frank Bonner, who played scene-stealing Herb Tarlek on “WKRP in Cincinnati,” died at age 79. RIP.
    Still would have liked to see him hook up with Jennifer on the show.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• John McAfee, the 75 year-old antivirus software creator, has died by suicide according to reports out of Spain.

McAfee was found dead in his jail cell in Barcelona ... just hours after the Spanish High Court ruled he could be extradited to the U.S. to face tax evasion charges.

McAfee had been busted in Spain back in October after years of allegedly failing to pay income taxes. A grand jury had slapped him with a 10-count federal indictment for ducking taxes from 2014 to 2018.

And, just a few months ago, McAfee was reportedly charged in Manhattan federal court for his role in a cryptocurrency scheme in which he's alleged to have bilked investors out of more than $10 million.

MacAfee Antivirus Software was sold to Intel in 2011 for $7.7 billion.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel, who ran for president twice and also ran again in 2016, died at age 91. RIP.

John Langley, creator of the show "Cops," died at age 78. RIP.

Johnny Solinger, lead singer of Skid Row after Sebastian Bach left, died at age 55. RIP.

Comment

• Former US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld has died at the age of 88.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Terry Donahue, former UCLA football coach from 1976 to 1995, died Sunday at the age of 77 following a two-year battle with cancer. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Arazi, a superstar champion thoroughbred who dominated in the 1991 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Stakes before faltering as the heavy favorite in the 1992 Kentucky Derby, died at the age of 32. RIP.

The 1991 BC Juvenile was also famous for Tom Durkin's stunned call describing Arazi's brilliant move at the top of the stretch:

Comment

• Richard Donner, a director and producer of such films as "The Omen," "Goonies" and the "Lethal Weapon" series, died at age 91. RIP.

Matiss Kivlenieks, a goalie for the Columbus Blue Jackets, died from a fireworks blast to the chest on July 4. He was just 24. RIP.

Comment

• Prolific character actor William Smith died at age 88. He appeared in "Hawaii Five-O," "Any Which Way You Can," and "Rich Man Poor Man," among many, many others. RIP.

Comment

Prolific character actor William Smith died at age 88. He appeared in "Hawaii Five-O," "Any Which Way You Can," and "Rich Man Poor Man," among many, many others. RIP.
                    I really enjoyed many of his characters in movies and tv.

I found this interesting :

Smith served in the United States Air Force. He won the 200-pound (91 kg) arm-wrestling championship of the world multiple times and also won the United States Air Force weightlifting championship. A lifelong bodybuilder, Smith is a record holder for reverse-curling his own body weight. His trademark arms measured as much as 19+1⁄2 inches. Smith held a 31–1 record as an amateur boxer.

Comment

• WWF superstar Paul "Mr. Wonderful" Orndorff died at age 71. RIP.

Comment

WWF superstar Paul "Mr. Wonderful" Orndorff died at age 71. RIP.
                        I remember him from his days in Tri-State Wrestling here in Oklahoma. What a great performer.
                        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Charlie Robinson, who had a 50-year career but was probably most famous for playing “Mac” on Night Court, died at age 75. RIP.

Comment

Charlie Robinson, who had a 50-year career but was probably most famous for playing “Mac” on Night Court, died at age 75. RIP.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Edwin Edwards, who served four terms as governor of Louisiana before serving 8 years in prison for taking bribes, died at age 93. RIP.

Comment

Edwin Edwards, who served four terms as governor of Louisiana before serving 8 years in prison for taking bribes, died at age 93. RIP.
                                They really send politicians in Louisiana who take bribes to jail?
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X