No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenneth Mitchell, actor who appeared in “Star Trek: Discovery” and “Captain Marvel,” has died at age 49 after being diagnosed with ALS in 2018. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ole Anderson, a professional wrestler who was an original member of the WCW's "Four Horsemen," died at age 81. RIP.

Comment

• Former WWE superstar Virgil died at age 61. RIP.

Comment

• Richard Lewis, the actor and comedian best known for “Anything But Love” and “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” died at age 76. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Richard Lewis, the actor and comedian best known for “Anything But Love” and “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” died at age 76. RIP.
            Dang, last episode of Curb he was joking with Larry David about writing him into his will.

Comment

• Steve Lawrence, one half of the singing duo Steve & Eydie and a mainstay of 1970s TV, died at age 88. RIP.

Comment

• Steely Dan is opening for The Eagles this Saturday in Chicago. I wonder if they will still play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Steely Dan is opening for The Eagles this Saturday in Chicago. I wonder if they will still play.

Jim Beard also had his own jazz band.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Eric Carmen, lead singer of The Raspberries who also had a few solo hits, and in later years was a big-time Trump supporter, died at age 74.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Eric Carmen, lead singer of The Raspberries who also had a few solo hits, and in later years was a big-time Trump supporter, died at age 74.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Konstantin Koltsov, former NHL winger who played for the Penguins and was dating tennis star Aryna Sabalenka, died when he jumped from a Miami hotel balcony in an apparent suicide. He was 42 years old. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• M. Emmett Walsh, a character actor with over 200 credits but best known (to me) as the doctor in “Fletch” (“isn’t there a children’s book about an elephant named Babar?”) and the madman shooter from The Jerk, died at age 88. RIP.

Comment

• Louis Gossett Jr., actor who made history as the first Black man to win an Academy Award when he won for supporting actor in “An Officer and a Gentleman" and also won an Emmy award for the TV mini-series "Roots",” has died at age 87. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 03-29-2024, 10:23 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Louis Gossett Jr., actor who made history as the first Black man to win an Academy Award when he won for supporting actor in “An Officer and a Gentleman" and also won an Emmy award for the TV mini-series "Roots",” has died at age 87. RIP.

Alum of my HS, Abraham Lincoln in Brooklyn NY

Comment

• Chance Perdomo, one of the stars of “Gen V” and “The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina,” was killed in a motorcycle accident at age 27. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X