No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raquel Welch, the legendary actress and sex symbol, died at age 82. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo
      Raquel Welch, the legendary actress and sex symbol, died at age 82. RIP.
      As a very young boy, Raquel Welch was one of the first women who made me take notice and realize that girls weren't so bad after all. RIP Raquel Welch.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Raquel Welch's most overlooked role was when she helped Andy Dufresne escape from Shawshank.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Raquel Welch's most overlooked role was from when she helped Andy Dufresne escape from Shawshank.
          Yeah, I wonder if she got any royalties from that?

As many different productions she was in, the one I think of first is "Hannie Caulder". RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

Yeah, I wonder if she got any royalties from that?

As many different productions she was in, the one I think of first is "Hannie Caulder". RIP.
            My favorite as well.

I thought she was the most beautiful woman ever in Hollywood. In general made movies that I did not care for. Hannie Caulder was one of the good ones.

Comment

• Actress Stella Stevens died at age 84. RIP.

Comment

• Actor/comedian Richard Belzer died at age 78. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Actor/comedian Richard Belzer died at age 78. RIP.
                  He was also a successful author writing several bestselling books about the JFK assassination.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

He was also an accomplished author writing several bestselling books about the JFK assassination.
                    Here's a side of Richard Belzer that most people didn't know about. This video shows why he was a bestselling author.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Red McCombs, a billionaire former owner of the Vikings, Spurs & Nuggets, died at age 85. RIP.

Barbara Bosson, an actress best knoww for her role as Fay Farillo on “Hill Street Blues”, died at age 83. RIP.

Comment

• Legendary jazz saxophonist and composer, Wayne Shorter, died on 3/2/23 at age 89. To many, he was best known as a member of the jazz fusion group, Weather Report, but his career encompassed so much more before and after his WR tenure. He was part of Miles Davis' most famous group and also was a member of one of the more well-known Art Blakey ensembles. He won 12 Grammy awards as well as numerous other awards and honors. In addition to a lifetime of live performing and countless recordings, he was one of the most prolific and gifted composers I've ever heard of. I had the privilege of seeing him perform several times. He left a pair of mighty big shoes to fill. RIP.

Comment

• Tom Sizemore, best known for his role as Sgt. Mike Horvath in "Saving Private Ryan," died at age 61. RIP.

Comment

• Guitarist Gary Rossington, the last surviving founding member of Lynyrd Skynyrd, has died at age 71. RIP.

Top 10 Gary Rossington solos:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Gary Rossington short documentary:

BTW, this YouTube channel has a bunch of other short classic rock documentaries.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Israeli actor Chaim Topol, (aka Topol), who starred in "Fiddler on the Roof," died at age 87. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X