2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    It's mid-June and Tatis can't swing a bat. In a redraft 12 team H2H with 3 IL slots do you drop him if you have 3 other significant injuries?
    Maybe.

What is available to replace him?

What are the rules of getting him back. This assumes that as long as he is on the IL no one can claim him now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Maybe.

What are the rules of getting him back. This assumes that as long as he is on the IL no one can claim him now.
      I've never heard of this before. If he's dropped and on the IL, why can't any other owner claim him?

Comment

• And now Machado.

That ankle roll looed bad--I can't imagine he'll avoid the IL.

If that's the case, I'd have to believe Abrams gets the call with Kim moving to 3b and either CJ or Jake manning SS with the other at 2b.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Maybe.

It's a weird points league. I'd probably use the extra spot to stream a SP to ensure 12 starts per week. Right now I have Ozuna/Tatis/Franco/Scherzer on the IL. I know the latter 2 will be back soon.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I've never heard of this before. If he's dropped and on the IL, why can't any other owner claim him?
            A lot of “only” leagues (like ours) don’t allow FAAB bids on guys who are on the IL. It helps keep some minimal talent in the FA ranks. At least that’s the theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              A lot of “only” leagues (like ours) don’t allow FAAB bids on guys who are on the IL. It helps keep some minimal talent in the FA ranks. At least that’s the theory.
              In addition, if I move an IL player down to my reserve roster, I can no longer move him up to my active until he is off the IL.

Comment

• I was aware that Blake Snell wasnt having a banner year but I didnt realize how bad it was until now. Coming into tonite's start, he hadnt won a single game and had a 5.46 ERA, a 1.45 WHIP and a -0.4 bWAR. Another lousy start tonite w 5.7 IP, 4 ER and headed for another loss. I had him in one league last year and at least I got a half-decent ERA, a few wins and a bunch of Ks. This year he's doing absolutely nothing. What happened to this guy? He's throwing as hard as he ever did and he's still only 29 y/o.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  I was aware that Blake Snell wasnt having a banner year but I didnt realize how bad it was until now. Coming into tonite's start, he hadnt won a single game and had a 5.46 ERA, a 1.45 WHIP and a -0.4 bWAR. Another lousy start tonite w 5.7 IP, 4 ER and headed for another loss. I had him in one league last year and at least I got a half-decent ERA, a few wins and a bunch of Ks. This year he's doing absolutely nothing. What happened to this guy? He's throwing as hard as he ever did and he's still only 29 y/o.
                  Well not nothing from a fantasy perspective. He took down Bryce Harper for those who are chasing Bryce Harper owners. He also made it impossible to trade Harper (if he is in the last year of his contract).

Comment

Well not nothing from a fantasy perspective. He took down Bryce Harper for those who are chasing Bryce Harper owners. He also made it impossible to trade Harper (if he is in the last year of his contract).
                    I have Harper but I'm in third place so that put a big hole on my team. Also lost Buehler too. Thanks Snell.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      I have Harper but I'm in third place so that put a big hole on my team. Also lost Buehler too. Thanks Snell.
                      Sorry to read that. I was trying to trade for him and his x contract to make a run at the money. I just pulled the offer. I read Aug. 1st. but who knows.

If you have him at a semi keeper contract, maybe you can get a good X guy for him?

Comment

Sorry to read that. I was trying to trade for him and his x contract to make a run at the money. I just pulled the offer. I read Aug. 1st. but who knows.

If you have him at a semi keeper contract, maybe you can get a good X guy for him?
                        Actually I'm trying to replace him. I have reached out to several teams at the bottom if they are interested in dealing one of their high price priced players for farm or keepers. I also have plan B to FAAB a player but that of course falls short way short of expectations.

Comment

my first phillies game live of the year. Got to see a win for the battle, but a loss for the war.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Padres OF prospect Esteury Ruiz stole three bases while going 2-for-6 on Wednesday for Triple-A El Paso.

Ruiz is now up to 52 SB with 15 coming in 19 games at the Triple-A level. He's also slashing .345/.474/.597 with 13 homers this season between AA & AAA.

I don't know how much longer the Padres can keep this kid in the minors.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Padres OF prospect Esteury Ruiz stole three bases while going 2-for-6 on Wednesday for Triple-A El Paso.

Ruiz is now up to 52 SB with 15 coming in 19 games at the Triple-A level. He's also slashing .345/.474/.597 with 13 homers this season between AA & AAA.

I don't know how much longer the Padres can keep this kid in the minors.
                              Thanks or the tip.

I just looked him up in our deep NL only. Shocked to see he is not a roster.

Comment

Thanks or the tip.

I just looked him up in our deep NL only. Shocked to see he is not a roster.
                                I was shocked that he wasn't on a roster. Anybody know when he gets called up? GITH?

Comment

Working...
                                X